Watch - a bear entered house in Pasadena, CA and got chased out by 2 tiny enraged terriers

Originally published at: Watch – a bear entered house in Pasadena, CA and got chased out by 2 tiny enraged terriers | Boing Boing

13 Likes

terriers

28 Likes

19 Likes

This is a great example of why an old coworker of mine called his terrier a terrorist.

11 Likes

That’s a poor, mangy looking ursine. I hope it found a better welcome elsewhere.

27 Likes

Dog is Humans best friend, not Bear’s best friend.

12 Likes
21 Likes

I like how the one circles back at the end sniffing “Was the bear here? How about here? What about right here??? YES OMG!!! barks some more

2 Likes

Should one leave your doors wide open in bear country?

4 Likes

or anywhere?

5 Likes

Does a bear shit in the woods? Yes. Also in a house with terriers.

3 Likes

Everywhere is bear country, aside from perhaps Manhattan.

We have a neighbourhood bear, but we do leave the doors closed when we aren’t home. A neighbour had a (different) bear go into her house while she was home with the kids a few years ago. She hid in the bathroom with the kids, her boyfriend punched the bear in the nose (!!!) and it took off.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Someone once told me (after my dog at the time chased a bear up a tree; a few tense moments, I can tell you!), that when a bear sees a dog, it thinks it’s seeing a wolf, and wolves travel in packs, so where there is one dog (wolf), there is likely more, and they just don’t want to get into it with a pack of wolves. I wonder then, if it thinks small dogs are wolf cubs, and would really not want to tussle with a pack of wolves defending cubs.

19 Likes

I wonder from the thinness of the neck and the roundness of the belly if it might be a pregnant female looking for a den.

8 Likes

i don’t think the dogs know how small they are lol!

2 Likes

Terriers think they are the size of lions!

3 Likes

Looking at that channel, it seems bears have been visiting that house regularly for at least a few years.

I feel kind of bad for the poor skinny bear. Maybe it just woke from hibernation, just hungry and looking for a snack. It seems very put-upon.

2 Likes

I think terriers know exactly what size they are, it’s just that they know how to handle themselves at their size and use all that scrappy energy they have. A bit like Bruce Lee didn’t think he was André the Giant.

1 Like