Watch: A car barrels into a Trump merchandise store

i wonder if - after trump leaves us for with a better world - will they be selling reliquary? finger bones, pieces of his hair, half used tubes of orange makeup, that sort of thing

i often hope we get to find out sooner rather than later.

14 Likes

Too good for him.

The WORST POSSIBLE world is waiting for his flabby white racist ass.

3 Likes

( that was the joke / not a joke. i had crossed out “for” and followed it “with”. “for” is the standard phrasing and clearly doesn’t apply to where he’s going. the word “with” was intended to imply that when he leaves we get a better world here. )

5 Likes

Can we petition to have this post retitled to “Car Attempts to Exit Through The Grift Shop”?

6 Likes

Fortunately the bystander was standing far enough away to avoid injuries, while the driver, who displayed an anti-Trump bumper sticker on his car, was taken to a nearby hospital and is reportedly expected to be okay.

Okay? I think he’s awesome. /s

9 Likes

I’m actually shocked that a brick and mortar store selling only that crap is viable. They manage to cover rent, taxes, payroll, licenses, inspections, and all the other overhead of physical retail selling Former Guy bumper stickers in Massachusetts?

8 Likes

Due to the nature of the store, I suspect that compliance with regulations is not high on the proprietor’s list of priorities.

9 Likes

You’ve heard of the Kardashians? I’ve seen one their stores and it’s filled with crap. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I suspect one of a few different things are happening here. First, it’s essentially a popup. They’re going to run the Trump merchandise trend (such as it is) into the ground. They can probably make it work at least for a while with the margin on Let’s Go Brandon flags alone.

Second, they may have renamed/repurposed an existing business. Got a struggling convenience store? Change the signs, buy a bunch of cheap Trump merchandise from China and charge exorbitant margins to make a go of it for at least a few months. (Tell me the picture joed posted doesn’t look like a strip mall convenience store.)

Third, the guy that owns this business may also own the property and/or the rest of the strip mall (at least it looks it’s in a strip mall). They don’t have a tenant in that spot and they’re a resentful Trump supporter, so why not own the libs by selling Trump merchandise? They can staff it with employees from their other businesses and write off the losses.

Edited: forgot to add that even if there aren’t a lot of Trump supporters in Massachusetts, they’re still there and there’s a segment of Trump supporters who are obsessed with Trump flags and other merchandise. More so than I’ve seen for other politicians.

4 Likes

I was about to make a joke about “not all of them make money” because I had this in my pictures folder. Then I saw the name.

8 Likes

Given how undead JFK Jr., and sometimes his dad, are expected guests at Q events, I suspect when he dies, some will wink knowingly and claim faking his death is all part of his plan, just as Q predicted. There will also be a lot of “rallies”
(seances?) where they’ll drop hints that Trump is gonna show. Probably more money in that grift than selling him for parts.

3 Likes

May be as viable as Trump Steaks, Trump bottled water, Trump Airlines, Trump University…

The owner may be banking on the store turning a profit just as soon as Trump’s reinstatement comes through. Any day now.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the driver and owner were colluding on their own grift so that owner could make an insurance claim on all that inventory that isn’t getting sold…

6 Likes

In what appears to be a case of Trump rage driving

Yeah. It appears to be a case of brake failure.

Two fellow-grifters colluding to grift the insurance companies because you weren’t making enough money grifting the civilian grifters.

1 Like

But why fuck up your car & do unneccesary property damage when a decent stink bomb will do the job?

Well, I see a future market for orange Wee Gee* Boards. The sooner, the better.

Ah. Grifting the grifters, IOW.

*Ouija, for you sticklers…

Even President Theodore Roosevelt never had entire stores dedicated to selling his merch and he had the freaking “Teddy Bear.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.