Watch a delivery person stand up for their right to deliver a package without harassment

It’s so unfortunate he had to endure that but that dude is my hero. When he shouts to the whole neighborhood announcing he’s not here to steal shit is pure gold.

I’m sorry that more victims of this flavor of bullshit can’t articulate and push back as well as he can.

8 Likes

There’s a name that works regardless of the offender’s gender identity. It reflects the fact that regardless of who their parents were, they’re all spiritually part of the same family.

Everyone (or almost everyone) has one. Don’t be one.

3 Likes

“You’re the one in the neighborhood.”
Where are you?
Wait…One what?

It’s a halfway house, not a private residence.

3 Likes

Ok.

I wasn’t joking when I said ask the kids. Ask the intern at your work what a male Karen is called. Soup to nuts the youth will say Ken. It wasn’t “boomers” who coined the term Karen and Ken was coined along with it.
I only cited one article, here are some more. It’s all from established memes. But as people said you can just call them dicks.

2 Likes

I watched about 1.5 minutes. I like the way the delivery person calls the guy out when his hands start shaking on his phone.

3 Likes

According to Zillow, that property was purchased six months ago. There’s a good chance that “John” is the new guy in the neighborhood and is taking it upon himself to be the local tough guy.

4 Likes

Does anybody know what the significance of the Honey Bear decal in the asshole’s window? What does it mean?

4 Likes

Delivery guy had all the right words. This was righteous to watch.

9 Likes

My GenX neighbour is named Karen. Sweetest person you could hope to meet. She has my sympathies.

5 Likes

Too general. Kens (or whatever) are a specific subset of Dicks.

2 Likes

Problem is that Kevin already has a meme-name reputation and it’s not for that kind of behavior. Dunno why darren didn’t catch on. I thought “evan” would have been a good pick, personally. But maybe “ken” has “barbie’s plastic husband” connotations which may go with the panicky “call the cops to protect me” and “entitled complaints about customer service” vibes.

3 Likes

There’s a local street artist who goes by “fnnch” whose prints ended up becoming a popular collector’s item/meme during the pandemic, kind of like how Shepard Fairey’s “Obey Giant” posters were all over Los Angeles in the 90s and early aughts. They’re all over the city. I confess we have one in our own window, but I think this asshole just forever tainted it. Thanks a lot.

For what it’s worth fnnch himself supports causes like Black Lives Matter and LGBT centers so he’d probably be horrified to see his work associated with this racist prick.

6 Likes

I think the gun-totin’ assholes last summer were dubbed “Ken and Karen” because the guy was a privileged ass in a polo shirt standing in front of a mansion and most people probably suspected he didn’t actually possess any kind of genitalia.

13 Likes

That feeble “No” when asked if he called the police yet.

Nobody came out smelling like a rose, but that guy sure smelled of Kentitlement.

1 Like

Are you suggesting the Courier did something wrong?

8 Likes

All the elements were there anyway.

You misspelled “Asshole”.

3 Likes

Darren?

Earlier in this thread, someone claimed that the vast majority of such behavior as we see gentleman John displaying is perpetrated by women (with no supporting facts). It’s since been removed (IMO, rightly so) but I’ve been wondering all afternoon why someone would think that. I’m thinking that it’s just that, because of the power dynamic, people are less willing to call out or record white men acting like this, or if they do, they often don’t live to tell the tale.
Makes me extra impressed at the bravery and self-possession of this courier.

15 Likes