Watch a FedEx driver's rude but pitch-perfect drive-by package throw

Originally published at: Watch a FedEx driver's rude but pitch-perfect drive-by package throw | Boing Boing

5 Likes

FedEx has since said it will send a ‘general memo’ to staff discouraging these types of package deliveries.

…while continuing to maintain a high volume quota for the day, I’ll bet.

32 Likes

ExFedEx?

4 Likes

that’s the thing that’s not being said here – if the drivers didn’t have quotas, perhaps they would be less cavalier in their deliveries.

15 Likes

“Pitch” perfect. Heh. Like a baseball pitch.

I see what you did there.

3 Likes

I saw precision in its most raw form, I like his style.

5 Likes

17 Likes
20 Likes

Nothing new, my apt is up a flight of stairs and i’ve heard/caught Amazon chucking packages up the stairs a few times when the items are in small boxes or envelopes. Thankfully its never been with fragile items so i had no reason to complain.

8 Likes

These posts trying to villainize the delivery drivers always bug me. How do you think that parcel is being treated through the entirety of it’s journey? Do people think the sorting stations and truck loaders are any more gentle?

8 Likes

When the daily newspapers all started shutting down thanks to the internet, where do you think all those paperboys went?

6 Likes

Now I’m imagining some sort of carnival arcade-style target, with some netting to catch the package and keep it out of reach of porch pirates, if I owned my own home.

If the driver manages to hit the target lever, it dispenses something useful to them, like an extra Gatorade or a candy bar.

9 Likes

Their origin story…

7 Likes

I can’t believe that was 10 years ago.

4 Likes

Or a toilet break?

8 Likes

Talking Episode 7 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I used to do package delivery on a rural route in Florida. Bathroom breaks were essential. Thank goodness for the hair salon owners in Hawthorne, Interlachen, Palatka, and Waldo who would let me use their restrooms.

14 Likes

I can’t believe that reporter walked away conscious. That was a disaster in the making.

4 Likes

psssst… it wasn’t real…

4 Likes

… and your new iPhone has been delivered! :<o

3 Likes

This reminded me of a video that made the rounds a few years ago. It showed a driver offloading a bunch of boxed desktop computers from a van. He chucked each box through the air so it landed on the sidewalk and skidded toward the computer shop’s door. Anyone remember that?

2 Likes