Watch a Florida woman fight off attacker in gym of apartment complex (video)

Originally published at: Watch a Florida woman fight off attacker in gym of apartment complex (video) | Boing Boing

7 Likes

He lived in the same apartment complex.

Another criminal mastermind, I see…

10 Likes

Fuck me, that’s terrible. The woman really kept her wits about her, with some good groundwork, and continuing to text throughout. It is so sad that this sort of thing is so prevalent. Men are shit.

24 Likes

Situational awareness is vital to surviving life as a woman on this planet.

It’s a bit confusing that this creep thought somehow a woman working out, you know, actively strengthening her body, would be an easy target. Asshole’s lucky she didn’t choke him out with his own hoodie strings. Near the end of the video it sure looked like she had opportunity (she had him in a head lock), but chose to escape instead.

31 Likes

WTAF.

Good on her, but goddamn…

28 Likes

Checking … hmm … no, definitely not wonderful. I think we will need several more wonderful items to bring the median back up to ‘mostly’.

4 Likes

It’s wonderful that the woman in the story not only survived the attack but prevailed over her assailant.

Usually that is not how such stories end.

36 Likes

As @Melizmatic just said, the lady survived, that’s pretty damn wonderful to me.

21 Likes

Man, with all the hard steel objects around, I wish she’d managed to bash the fucker’s head on something unyielding.

10 Likes

This situation is scary AF! This is not something I would ever want my loved ones (or anyone) to go through.

4 Likes

You know what to do.

Moonwalk Cell Phone GIF by guiles theme

12 Likes

She had a really good fistful of his hair too. She wanted to get away but could possibly have maimed or killed him if she really wanted to.

2 Likes

This report includes the victim describing her experience

10 Likes

I definitely agree that could’ve hurt him, she had lots of opportunities, but she’s clearly a better human than her attacker.

12 Likes

I would like to see fewer horrible things IRL that need to be discussed, but you do you, I guess.

13 Likes

I really wish that there weren’t so many horrible things that people here didn’t need to be aware of and prepare themselves for.

Dancing on the Titanic will only work for so long.

16 Likes

This is why I’ve encouraged all the women in my life to take up Jiu-Jitsu as a hobby. Most fights go to the ground and she could have turned that position he had her in, into a position of power and given him a nice little involuntary nap.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.