Watch a former SNL personality testify in favor of book banning

Originally published at: Watch a former SNL personality testify in favor of book banning | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I guessed “Victoria Jackson” but almost 2nd-guessed myself.* She almost sounds like she’s channeling a weepy Sally Struthers from a charity advertisement (which Jackson herself parodied on SNL at one point).

*My 2nd guess was Rob Schneider, just because.

47 Likes

“I thought this was the Bible Belt.”

As if that’s some sort of jurisdictional boundary. What an ass.

48 Likes

Not Dennis Miller? :man_shrugging:

33 Likes

How did I know it would be Victoria before I even finished the headline?

47 Likes

Whatever else Miller says or does, I don’t imagine this coming from him. Whereas I could see Schneider doing it just to get off on being a pantload.

14 Likes

Victoria Jackson is known to be a hot steaming bag of GQP/Nazi shit, thanks for reminding us Victoria.

53 Likes

Man, I remember when he used to be both liberal and funny. I wonder what changed him, though I can’t be arsed to bother trying to find out.

19 Likes

There’s really a ton of former SNL comedians/writers who suck as people (ahem…Jim Belushi), but when it comes to conservative bullshit crazypants, Jackson’s at the top of the list, IMHO.

32 Likes

I didn’t think it would come to this, but my position has shifted and I now firmly believe Weird Al was right for completely spacing her birthday dinner reservation with her parents and that hideous dress in UHF. The world deserves more Conan the Librarian and less Teri.

19 Likes

My friends and I used to say that a democrat was a republican who hadn’t made any money yet, and a republican was a democrat who hadn’t had to deal with the police yet.

13 Likes

well, at least she’s still not funny

14 Likes

I know that’s a popular aphorism, but I am personally at least one data point that both of those statements are incorrect.

22 Likes

My first guess was Dana Carvey, but in character as “The Church Lady.”

31 Likes

you and me both sir. I no longer believe it…

8 Likes

All I really remember about her is a vague sense there was something awful about her.

11 Likes

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

12 Likes

It’s amazing how quickly - and shamelessly - American conservatives went from being upset at the left for “cancel culture” and being censorious (without any real evidence) to straight-up banning (and burning) books, writers and whole subjects of study. It’s almost as if their objections were disingenuous and based heavily on projection!

Also, wtf is up with her reading the “Communist party goals” list as if it’s some sort of evidence, when it’s clearly not anything actually written and released by the party itself. Can I just put together a list of goals for her? 1) Embarrass myself in public by acting like a whiny fascist… Oh no, she’s already achieved goal number one!

26 Likes

And what’s even worse is the anti “woke” left leaning people who complained about the illiberalism of “cancel culture” who are completely silent regarding book banning.

17 Likes

Yeah, I’ve known she’s been this way for awhile…

It was on the internet - it must be true!

That and things like that have long been used to demonize the left. They just make shit up.

13 Likes