Watch a jumping deer miss a motorcyclist by a hair

Only time I ever hit an animal, I absolutely flattened this (I think) beaver that appeared behind the only rise in the interstate for miles. I had about a quarter second to decide whether to plow on or swerve and probably flip my car. I think the thing was deliberately crossing where the scary cars couldn’t see it.

1 Like
4 Likes

While not anywhere near the same scale as a deer, I was on a bit of a down gradient single-track country lane once with a following wind on my mountain bike, and I’d wound it up to nearly 40mph, when a pheasant came through a gap in the hedge to my left, at head height. Within arm’s reach! I was close enough I could see it’s tail feathers twisting in its slipstream, and I was left with the certain knowledge that a fraction faster I’d have been hit in the head by a five pound bird traveling almost as fast as I was, and the result would have been possible concussion and a spectacular case of gravel rash, and possibly fractured bones.
I did have quite an adrenaline rush immediately after, though.

4 Likes

Pheasants are spectacularly stupid when it comes to road safety. I have hit a pheasant chest high at 40 on a motorbike, didn’t come off, but the spray of feathers and pheasant interior took a long time to clean off my kit and bike.

2 Likes

Pilots also. But generally not for deer.

Generally.

(There are no deer in this video, it’s just a nutter flying through a forest in a aeroplane)

1 Like

My first thought, “what part of Russia is this in” ? Click the YT link, “Oh yes”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.