Watch a singer realize the impact of his music mid-concert

And looking into it, another amazing thing is that this song was not his biggest hit.

2 Likes

Here you go:
When Beau Dommage would perform their La complainte du phoque en Alaska, the audience would usually sing the entire song, even when the musicians stop playing, like at the 4:40 mark.

2 Likes

What a great example of WHY people putting their phones/tablets up to record a live concert is a PITA.

1 Like

Cool, and thanks… but my comment was meant not as a request for exact replicas of this phenomena, but rather as a criticism of what BB started out as (A Directory of Wonderful Things) and what it is slowly becoming… somewhat sensationalist and clickbaity. It was meant to be taken at a higher level… more truly cool things, less muck-raking.

Awesome. Is he still popular today? If he isn’t, then I bet he will be again from this post. Haha.

Arg, you obviously weren’t a french teenager in the end of the 80’s, into Batcave & Punk, and having to endure bleeding ears from Patrick Bruel songs ! ;). He was the cheese on top of the cheesy ! But on his behalf, he’s a pretty decent guy, and a wonderfull poker tournament broadcaster

I knew that’s what you meant.
I just wanted to reinforce by repetition (to the vast majority of folks who are severely unaware that other cultures are, well, other cultures,) one small thing that Caroline’s linked-to video reminded me: that there are a whole bunch of peoples and nations out there whose heroes and touchstones are completely unknown to other peoples, and nations.

How many millions of people groove to soukous? Apparently some people consider it part of wifely duties. And yet, so many millions more have never been moved by it.

That was truly great. People at their awesomest!

One more.

Swiss band playing in Brooklyn for the first time.

Link doesn’t.

1 Like

Brand new user- the lack of a link is probably part of our anti-spam measures.

The video they’re referring to is probably this:

1 Like

Thanks! Now that you’ve explained it, of course that makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.