Watch a Tesla burn as it sinks into the ocean (video)

Originally published at: Watch a Tesla burn as it sinks into the ocean (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

The Cybertruck may or may not deliver on its promise to “serve briefly as a boat” but at least we know these vehicles will serve in a pinch for anyone seeking a viking funeral.

25 Likes

That’s just a stupid user error. All the lady needed to do was download the latest version of the Tesla app while the car was rolling backwards. How can you expect to unlock the doors in an emergency without the latest app on your phone?!

17 Likes

That’s a great metaphor for Twitter.

13 Likes

Musk: “note to self; find out if OceanGate is for sale …”

7 Likes

Naturally they were trying to launch Jet Skis. “Owner of the most obnoxious of all personal watercraft” seems about right for a Tesla driver.

7 Likes

13 Likes

“the fire was allowed to burn underwater…”

What a time to be alive.

15 Likes

In a just world, the jet skis would have also caught fire.

13 Likes

Very briefly

3 Likes

6 Likes

Oh yeah— also don’t drive them in the rain. Just in case.

6 Likes

Are there Hollywood Amateur Firefighters?

4 Likes

Oldie but goldie:

5 Likes

Jetskis are the worst.

4 Likes

This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

8 Likes

I’m confused by that story. The car was 8 years old but with only 1500km on it? Also the car with a new battery was worth over 40k. He blew up 20k for a video.

1 Like

So? It blowed up good!

4 Likes

I’m no defender of Jet Skis, but this seems unnecessarily harsh on the owners. We don’t know jack about thems other than they owned a Tesla and a jet ski. If that’s all it takes to judge people these days, we are in trouble.

3 Likes

I think maybe he bought it used, and it was fine for the first 1500km, and then would have cost (another) 22k€ to fix.

I don’t understand youtube economics, but probably 5 million views could be worth more than that (plus whatever the other costs were).

Now I wonder about the economics of just burning/exploding a big pile of money on youtube. There’s probably more than one break-even point.

3 Likes