Watch: A woman accuses a couple of stealing her phone — until it rings in her purse

Originally published at: Watch: A woman accuses a couple of stealing her phone — until it rings in her purse | Boing Boing

6 Likes

At least there’s that…

30 Likes

Is there a working video link?

3 Likes

Classic case of that common response when you forgot where you put something: “Who fucking took it?!”

Not that I don’t blame her for accusing that dude. And good on girlfriend for sticking up for him.

13 Likes

Is that woman GQP whackamole Elise Stefanik?

5 Likes

I mean…of all the little things that could be pocketed in a Spencer’s…:man_shrugging:

14 Likes

I had to google what that was…
Why are people so weird. Imagine NOT wanting to just call the phone. WTF.

12 Likes

I always have trouble with TikTok links from here; there’s usually a small box on the screen that has no content or it just disappears altogether. shrug Sometimes reloading the page gives me a brief chance to click a link, but… yeah. ANYWAY, to answer your question:

https://www.tiktok.com/@fuxktdub/video/7038370977696288047?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

8 Likes

Yes, she does look slightly sheepish. So she’s a Sharon, not a Karen.

4 Likes

I’ve been reading this site for about 15 years, and I wish there were less of these “can you believe this asshole?” ragebait posts. Yeah, I know, just don’t read them, but I’ve been coming here for a long time and I used to love the site, still mostly do. I just don’t really see the point. It doesn’t fit the brand, as far as I understand it.

11 Likes

Thank you for pointing out that Critical Race Theory should be taught in the USA.

36 Likes

Most of these we’ve seen just show people doubling down when it’s shown they’re wrong… so the fact that she did indeed look sheepish and apologized is a step up… Of course, we don’t know what she said after the camera was turned off…

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

So many people don’t seem to understand that these videos are showing what people of color have to deal with on a pretty regular basis. They are absolutely valuable for illustrating that.

30 Likes

A true Karen would not have apologized. She would have become enraged for having been challenged, then she would have accused them of sneakily stealing her phone and then putting it back, followed by further insults and accusations.

13 Likes

You sound…disappointed.

Feeling a need for some emotional support?

15 Likes

… then claimed she owned the place, then knows the people who own the place, then that the others don’t even live there and aren’t allowed to use the pool!

9 Likes

Mine are hugging my feet, RIGHT NOW!

12 Likes

Sounds like they’re doing a great job of supporting more than just your aching arches!

8 Likes

ratsism?

1 Like

In a much more benign but related story, I remember losing my eye/sun-glasses at an airshow 25 years ago after visiting a souvenir booth and buying an item. I got maybe 100 yards away and exclaimed to the person I was with, “Oh my god! I lost my glasses!”, and turned to race back towards the booth to find them, my friend in tow behind, yelling something at me as I ran. Got to the booth and ran up to the person who sold me the items, “Have you seen my glasses? I think I might have left them here.” Confused, “They are on your face?” :confounded:

10 Likes

Yeah, and then I think of the fact that people have died over shit like this.

12 Likes