Watch: Ad for conservative new dating app shows women where to find Mr. Wrong

“Nonpolitical”, if sincere, means right-wing without any self-awareness. This denial of politics has a long tradition on the right. Ask a left-wing person and chances are they will openly and proudly identify as such, sometimes excessively so. Many on the right will insist that they are just telling it like it is and everyone should just go along with what makes objective sense and what all decent people want anyway.

7 Likes

Nope, ya got it twisted; some guy on Bumble BRAGGED about being in the riot in an attempt to try to impress a woman, and then she reported him; but not before telling him:

I’m not actively using the site now, but when I was that was absolutely a red flag to me.

Like @the_borderer said, it’s only ‘indifference’ at best; though usually it means that they just have no self awareness of how much they support and enable the White supremacist patriarchy.

12 Likes

Fair point.

2 Likes

And honestly, even if there were women “catfishing” these fascist assholes, they would not remotely be the assholes in that story. Even remotely.

10 Likes

This feels so far out into crazyland that it has to be a parody.

2 Likes

It’s probably a scam to collect mailing lists.

5 Likes

Love that they just usurped the name of the longstanding ivy league dating service:

https://www.rightstuffdating.com/

Their market is so different that the trademark might not be confused. It is like they can’t imagine that anyone from an elite university could be conservative.

They also lifted the name from a neonazi blog and discussion forum, which I’m pretty sure has plenty of market overlap.

3 Likes

Now is the time for all good people to come to the aid of the country. If they’re indifferent to it, it’s doesn’t speak well of their character.

Well, the people appearing in my dating app aren’t in “the country” (unless the country is Norway) but in general I agree

1 Like

Sure they did. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.