Watch an angry Jim Jordan blast Dr. Fauci as if he's responsible for Covid. The doctor never loses his cool

Um, I dont think so. He got a black woman to get all “uppity” with him. His voters will love it.

I don’t know how well Trompian bull in a china shop antics still play with Republican voters, but when it’s a white guy doing it, I’d guess pretty well. He’s probably being hailed all over wingnut media tonight for this performance.

11 Likes

10 Likes

The senator from russia would like to know ‘when’s it gunna end’

3 Likes

Holy shit, did they make cocaine legal in DC and nobody told me?

4 Likes

I’m not one to suggest violence but damn Mr Jordan needs to be slapped hard. JFC, are here this far due to people like him and he needs to fuck off.

6 Likes

I wish Fauci had trolled Jordan by asking him why he was allowing his freedoms to be suppressed by voluntarily wearing a mask.

2 Likes

Tune in next week to see Jordan grill the director of the National Weather Service on why he keeps sending tornadoes and hurricanes.

12 Likes

No, that was a senator from Iowa, IIRC. Gym Jordan is much worse. Gym Jordan is the former Ohio State wrestling coach who covered for a sexual abuser.

Correction: the snowball thing was Sen. Inhofe from Oklahoma.

12 Likes

7 Likes

yet another republican colossal asshole

3 Likes

I still prefer to think of it as “slapping some sense into that fool.”

grandma

7 Likes

Off topic, but I friggin’ love Khary Payton on this show! And I don’t much care for this show.

3 Likes

He’s one of the pricks who was all about four dead in Benghazi, as the key defining element of the Obama administration, but somehow 500,000 dead and climbing is nbd.

13 Likes

This. But, even more to the point, Fauci gives advice and guidance on what’s occurring and how different actions will cause cases/death/hospitalization/long term impacts to go up or down. He’s a career government employee not an elected official. As such, his advice and guidance is critical and based outside of the political process. The level of those impacts we’re willing to call “normal” and just be fine with is a policy decision. The policy goal of what impact number is good enough is a completely political decision for the elected official to determine.

The entire premise of the question was wrong. Fauci cannot tell Jordan what impact level is the target. He can only say how different actions will help us get to and stay at some level. It’s Jordan’s job as an elected official responsible for policy to determine what level of impact is the new normal. Based on the way he asked the questions, it seems Jordan thinks 700+ daily deaths is a good enough target. Fortunately for us, there are other elected officials that think a much lower number is a better target.

8 Likes

We all know Jim Jordan doesn’t consider this an assault against our liberties because he stays quiet when he witnesses an assault.

6 Likes

Edit: Sub Gym Jordan for Paul Ryan. The more things change…

8 Likes

His multiple references to the 1st amendment had me pulling out my handy pocket constitution,* and that’s really a stretch. Nobody is saying you can’t peaceably assemble, Congress certainly hasn’t passed any laws to that effect (which is what the amendment is about). Localities are just trying to set ground rules to do it safely. For the benefit of those assembling and their neighbors!
And, oddly, I don’t recall him being at all outraged about T’s threats to the freedom of the press those 4+ long years…

*A while ago I wrote a question in to the televised State senatorial debate, one that got chosen by the moderators. The R candidate kind of laughed off the question and offered a non-answer (it was about clarifying what they thought the role of gov’t was.)
The I candidate totally impressed me by pulling a pocket constitution out of his suit jacket and reading straight from the preamble. He’s not perfect, but at least he keeps the big picture in mind.

11 Likes

I love this show so much. More than my 12-year-old who does like it (while the 15-year-old does not).

If you don’t care for the show, then you’ll already know not to click on this:

For everyone else, you’re welcome!

2 Likes

2 Likes

1z37a6

4 Likes