Watch as a dog steals the body of Christ

Well, I can’t speak to that, but in our church the sacramental wine was “approached” in different ways depending on the priest. Our pastor, Rev. McDermott, took advantage of his superior position by hogging the wine in every one of his masses. As wine was poured into his held chalice, he’d signal you to stop pouring by lifting the chalice a bit… something that took ages. Sometimes he had to forcefully tell me to keep going… that’s how astounded I was by that wino as I poured. Every mass I was like, “What the Hell!” He wanted that thing completely filled. As to the water… just the tiniest drop, and that just for appearances. Must have been 99.5% wine in there. But with Fr. Sepe (bless his cigar-chomping heart) it was completely different story. We had to be very careful to not let the wine exceed one drop. The rest was water.

7 Likes

They did add a nice little crispness to ice cream.

4 Likes

I went to a birthday party here in Tijuana last week, and folks were just eating them like they were crackers.

9 Likes

I probly would have stayed a bit longer in the Catholic Church if they’d used nachos.

I’m sure this is true for my whole generation.

5 Likes

oh it would take a lot more than nachos to get me to un-lapse

4 Likes

The (very low church) one that I went to as a child used cubes of supermarket bread. Us kids were sometimes given the left-overs to feed to the birds.

4 Likes

I wonder what the ‘high church’ would have thought of consecrated bread being fed to birds.

2 Likes

I don’t know about the high chut, but Walt Disney wouldn’t have had a problem with it.

1 Like

Holy shit!

bird-poop-statue

2 Likes

Looks like it’s probably immediate excommunication for anyone who does it in the Catholic church.

I have asked a couple of Anglican priests about this- their response was more like ‘yeah, you probably shouldn’t do that’. The official CofE position is that the celebrant should eat/drink anything that’s left over, which means that the priest can end up chugging a big chalice of wine if they’ve prepared too much.

4 Likes

But does this dog now to go people heaven instead of dog heaven?

I gave Communion wafers to some squirrels, I hope they are there to make things more interesting.

3 Likes

In some traditions you don’t need to resort to tricks to have a squirrel flitting in and out of heaven.

4 Likes

4 Likes

sacrifices must be made

4 Likes

Now Im Ready Jane Fonda GIF by Grace and Frankie

2 Likes

The random, fleshy protuberance in the upper right frame is just so wrong. So is the goblet that’s apparently also a sounding rod.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.