Watch as tourist crosses glass bridge and panics when he thinks it's shattering

Yeah i was trying to find that Willis Tower one but i couldn’t remember a lot of details about it so had a hard time tracking down an article. Not that i looked that hard, but i’m at work so my googling time was limited :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone left a stain

3 Likes

They renamed the Sears Tower after a character from Diff’rent Strokes?

I’d be concerned that somebody would hurry so fast to get to the side that they might accidentally throw themselves over the railing.

5 Likes

Yes, but my bowels will.

5 Likes

Haha! He lost his cool simply because the best available information suggested his violent death was imminent! What a boob!

4 Likes

Let 'er rip.

This being China, the fear of public infrastructure being poorly built and catastrophically failing is a highly reasonable one. Which surely also is why the “prank” works.

4 Likes

I’m not generally a violent person, but this, coupled with my fear of heights / edges would push me to find and seriously damage the person behind it.

4 Likes

How long until someone jumps over the railing to safety?

2 Likes

If they want me to piss in the toilet, better throw some shag over that.

1 Like

Although if Amtrak built a “provocative derailing experience” into their train cars, I’d very much believe it was real!

3 Likes

I’m with you. Like, I would actually go kill them.

This also seems dangerous – one of the two videos shows a guy dangerously jumping onto the “wall,” which doesn’t strike me as having been built for people leaping onto it all the time.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Some day, someone will go over the wall. That may be before or after someone has a fatal heart attack from the shock of the prank. And it may also be before or after someone falls over from the shock and breaks a wrist – or, in the case of an older visitor, a hip.

It’s a great idea for a bit of harmless fun!

5 Likes

Wow, this is just ethically wrong.

6 Likes

What asshole thought a glass bridge needed to be made “provocative”?

6 Likes

Staging pranks for YouTube clickbait? I agree.

3 Likes

I’d be so upset that I couldn’t wee down the shaft…

Oh, HELL NO

The (relatively) recently built Sunderland Glass Museum had a beautifully clear glass roof upon which folk could traipse about willy nilly. They had to put unnecessary stuff on it because some folk (‘they’ say, if you believe them) were being freaked out by walking on it.

Wimps are why we can’t have nice things.