Watch: Cigarette addict caught smoking in plane bathroom threatens to kill everyone on board

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/12/watch-cigarette-addict-caught.html

1 Like

Tobacco, it’s a hell of a drug. She should have just eaten one these new adults only ‘edibles’.
Of course she must be jonesing for her nicotine and that gum aint cuttin it.

Try cannabis, it might be right for you.

16 Likes

Too bad those types can’t be detected and stopped by TSA before boarding.

:smiling_imp:

16 Likes

I’m that way with pizza, it’s wrong I know.

32 Likes

Props to the air crew for handling it well.

(forget I said the below… turns out Southwest doesn’t have first class but they have nicer seats than I"m used to)
I notice she was in first class. Entitlement, yeehaw. Some people can be gracious about having more money than the average schmno… many cannot.

1 Like

I guess that explains why she didn’t have any chewing tobacco, but not why she didn’t bring any Nicorette.

1 Like

And you make that observation based on what?
https://www.tripsavvy.com/no-first-class-on-southwest-airlines-1861873

6 Likes

Psychotic anxiety attacks can be difficult to handle.

9 Likes

She seems nice.

3 Likes

Based on those other comments she must be in the emergency exit isle.

2 Likes

Well huh, I’ve never been on Southwest. Their normal seats look much nicer than the cattle class I’m used too. Thanks for pointing that out… I’ll amend my post.

6 Likes

She looks like a white terrorist to me.

14 Likes

Not brown enough.

4 Likes

I’m surprised she survived. I guess she must not have been very convincing in her threats, because I suspect a lot of people’s reaction to someone threatening to kill everyone on the plane would not be to sit quietly and hope for the best.

3 Likes

That was just appalling and embarrassing, and is symptomatic of many of the ills of society. I couldn’t watch more than a few seconds before I had to turn away. This is why we can’t have nice things. It could all have been avoided if the utter imbecile had just rotated their phone through 90 degrees before shooting the fucking video.

26 Likes

anyone know the original source of the video clip?

1 Like

At the very end you see someone from the back rushes up and moves the flight attendant out of the way and begins dealing with the woman in some way.

So as you said, someone did not sit quietly and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Okay, when they say that it’s a crime to tamper with the smoke detectors on planes, during the take off safety drill, I had just kind of thought that it was a leftover. It never occurred to me people actually did tamper with smoke detectors.

11 Likes

Beat me to it; I was gonna say nicotine withdrawal is a real bitch.

Of course I only know from watching people in my family go through it; cigs have never been my personal vice of choice.

8 Likes

Yes, an idiot who doesn’t know which way to hold their phone.

10 Likes