Watch: CNN's 10-minute explainer of the Proud Boys

Originally published at: Watch: CNN's 10-minute explainer of the Proud Boys | Boing Boing

1 Like

I’ll save you ten minutes. Proud boys are rebranded Neo-Nazis. There, that was easy.

22 Likes

New Zealand knows what they are.

Seems strange that the US can’t seem to agree.

18 Likes

They are listed as a Terrorist Entity by the Canadian government as well.

17 Likes

…enemies, domestic.

10 Likes

They and their ilk (e.g. Patriot Front) are just these guys with updated gear, in Uhauls, in colour.

6 Likes

White terrorists always get an easy ride in America.

13 Likes

It’s just so crazy that there is even a news designation of “extremist beat” in the first place. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Can we have more of the nice things from the US please.

2 Likes

The parallels to the Nazi Brownshirts are difficult to ignore. This has all happened before…

On a different note, I can’t wrap my head around the stupidity of the “Anti-antifa” shirt being worn in that clip. There’s an “anti-communist” symbol below it. It’s like the person who designed that (and the tool who bought it) don’t know what any of these words mean. Yet they believe so strongly in… whatever this is… that they will go to war over it.

It’s meaningless misdirected toxic masculinity all summarized in one nonsensical T-shirt.

5 Likes

Once you let them hang around to “help out”, you’ll never get rid of them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.