Watch conservative politicians Chuck Grassley and Tom Cotton impress their audience with pushups

Originally published at: Watch conservative politicians Chuck Grassley and Tom Cotton impress their audience with pushups | Boing Boing

4 Likes

So much more impressive than well-reasoned policy debate! /s

15 Likes

Those are some crap pushups from both of them. I’ll forgive Chuck Grassley his terrible form and limited concentric motion since he’s 87, but Tom Cotton has no excuse.

9 Likes

This sort of thing make people look like douches

7 Likes

Performative yet half-assed machismo. Very on-brand for the GOP.

17 Likes

“Chad.” lol

4 Likes

I mean, he was an officer, so…

6 Likes

unfortunately for america, that was not heart-exploding excitement

4 Likes

He would lose a barfight to a mammal smaller than 175lbs.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Not shown: the playful swordfight that occurred after the dick-measuring contest which was the tie breaker for the push-up contest.

1 Like

Well, I don’t expect politicians, particularly GOP politicians, to be any good at pushups, since they spend most of their time doing squat thrusts.

1 Like

Show them this (someone Conservatives like to suggest is somewhat less than “manly”):

trudeaupushup1

And, of course, his father:

7 Likes

That guy is definitely no “Chad”. Ran into him a decade ago, only met him for a few minutes and I easily picked up on his sketchy vibes. Felt like I was going to throw up in my mouth after he left. Didn’t want to make a huge deal about because I was a huge fan of his girlfriend (at the time. those two eventually were married for a bit but he was an asshole that couldn’t stop running around on her with many, many women).

1 Like

Hmmmm. I thought that a “chad” was a guy who was creepy and overconfident, having that 1980s frat-boy-villain thing going. But googling around I see I was wrong.

2 Likes

With this guy it’s worse than that. The ex I mentioned a minute ago or so, he waited to hook up with her (behind the back of his then current wife) a short while after she turned 18. He knew her since she was around 15 and he’s 7 years older than her. He’s a groomer :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Probably 22 more than Trump could do.

Jack Palance did it better, though.

3 Likes

They’re no Gaston. #FitnessGoals

2 Likes

Melania - jealous much?

1 Like

5c9

2 Likes