Watch: Fox reporter covering Comic Con interrupted by police shooting across the street

Originally published at: Watch: Fox reporter covering Comic Con interrupted by police shooting across the street | Boing Boing

3 Likes

America!!!

14 Likes

:scream:

a random bystander was saved from injury when a stray bullet struck the glasses case in his back pocket.

16 Likes

What even is this shit? This “the greatest country in the world” needs some serious rethinking.

Fuck!

14 Likes

Hey @boing for all the garbage the BB shop sells, I would definitely be interested in purchasing whatever this specific indestructible glasses case is.

The free ones I get from Zenni could barely stop a Nerf dart and I’d never carry one in the back pocket for fear of sitting upon it.

18 Likes

The real criminal here is Faux News.

8 Likes

What kind of idiot starts shooting at cops one block away from a superhero convention?

20 Likes

Based on the description I believe the report was about the convention being postponed, which obviously emboldened the criminals.

17 Likes

Proof of Faux News incompetence #123 : reporter reads from his ‘smart’ phone the script.
Proof of Faux News incompetence #124 : reporter is unable to move coverage to a real story happening just a few meters away from him.
I could go on but just these images are sufficient proof that Fox is everything but competent reporting.

4 Likes

I don’t think is the the notorious Faux News. This is the local Fox affiliate, KSBW channel 5. Pretty sure it’s a local news story that got interrupted by… America!!

8 Likes

peeks at Citizen

Yeah, pretty much.

Except that the gist of the piece that was being reported was, “These COVID restrictions are so awful. Look how it is hurting the economy from not having Comic-con.”

1 Like

If only someone had been carrying Hostess Fruit Pies.

3 Likes

I counted 20 shots, and nobody was killed? The perp must have been white.

5 Likes

Nah, everyone involved were just named characters.

4 Likes

In the middle of reporting on something in which Fox News has no interest, something in which Fox News takes a great interest happened. What are the odds?

1 Like

I don’t think he’s right about being a safe distance away. Maybe far enough away not to be hit if someone aims at him with a handgun but still close enough to catch a stray bullet, unlikely as that is.

1 Like

“We’re a block away, we’re safe!”

Somebody please explain to this man how bullets work.

Since I have too much time on my hands:

In case that’s too small to read, it’s 381.84 feet. Not a safe distance.

2 Likes

When no one was looking, Lex Luthor took 20 shots. He took 20 shots. That’s as many as two tens. And that’s terrible.

4 Likes

Twenty shots? That’s like this kind of white.

3 Likes