WATCH: Funny woman reviews "As Seen on TV" junk products

16 seconds for me.

1 Like

You mean Fran Dresher?

Iā€™m having difficulty controlling the volume of my voice!

1 Like

I thought you regarded ALL money as such? :smiley:

No, only that which is imposed upon people by others. When you and your friends devise a currency, you know it has value because you all agreed to it.

1 Like

Nope, its a fortune of real, actual money. Hereā€™s a list of the highest paid YouTube celebrities, and I donā€™t know if that includes appearance fees and endorsements, of which there are many:

On a sidenote, a recent Southpark episode discusses these YouTube celebrities and how much kids love them, how self made they are, and how little adults understand them:

Its downright hilarious in their usual insightful way, but of course your assessment may vary.

I worked at an event full of these YouTube celebs, and it really is amazing how popular they are. Theyā€™re exactly as popular as the sitcom stars of the 80s were in their day. And I have a feeling theyā€™re just as well paid. And you have to admire how self made they are. Most of them are just pointing phones at themselves and uploading their videos and building a following on social media. And its interesting how much more their fans get to interact with them, and how direct that interaction is, compared to their old media couterparts.

Hereā€™s a video of my favorite YouTube star that I saw at that event, Trevor Moran. His whole schtick was dancing in Apple stores, but I gather he does more than just that now. Most people outside his demographic will probably tell him to get off their lawns, but he strikes me as downright hilarious and obviously super talented:

I can listen to Gottfried a heck of a lot longer than I can listen to Dresher, but close enough I suppose. :smile:

And speaking of listening to annoying things for lengths of time, I ran across this while trying to remember how to spell Gottfriedā€™s nameā€¦ shudder

1 Like

Apparently not - it says US dollars, which is what I meant by ā€œmonopoly moneyā€.

1 Like

Her voice doesnā€™t bother me, other than that I feel like sheā€™s yelling at me unnecessarily. Wonder if her neighbors can hear? Well, anyway, if thatā€™s her shtick, who am I to tell her sheā€™s doinā€™ it wrong? I like her energy, and sheā€™s pretty funny.

Ok Iā€™ll bite. The US dollar is freely exchangeable for every other form of currency on the planet, including Bitcoin, so is all currency ā€œmonopoly moneyā€ in your assessment?

Sheā€™s like a female Gilbert Gottfried.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t that more like, fast? Instead of loud?

1 Like

So when does the ā€œfunnyā€ start?

Please slow down. Not all of us have ADD. And for the love of Christ; STOP YELLING. Iā€™ve noticed more and more that human communication is devolving into nothing but shouting and hyperbole. Which to me pretty much is a flag for the absolute lack of content.

1 Like

Oh, but I do. Hereā€™s a sample of my video work. Note the relaxing, unhurried pace and utter lack of yelling. :smile:

https://vimeo.com/36823336

1 Like

That is more my style. I figure, if I clicked on your video you already won my attention, so you donā€™t have to work so hard at it. And, I guess Iā€™m old fashioned, but I canā€™t stand people YELLING at me. Iā€™m not sure which is more annoying, yelling or thousands jump cutsā€¦

I didnā€™t mean ā€œyouā€ specifically, though, more a general ā€œeveryone who wants to throw up a video on the internet and expect me to watch itā€ direction was meant.

Hey, it worked for Denis Learyā€¦

New kind of torture - death by a thousand jump cuts?

Something I noticed the other day when trawling IMDB after watching Where Eagles Dare for the umpteenth timeā€¦

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065207/trivia

This film contains roughly 1472 edits during 151 minutes of action, this equates to an average shot length of about 6 seconds.

Thatā€™s higher rate than of quite some antiaircraft artillery! Who wrote that script, an ADHD squirrel?