Watch GOP strategist Liz Mair call Trump a "loudmouthed dick" on live TV

It’s not live TV any more. It was a few days ago. Just sayin.

1 Like

Oh. . . there will be be no debate, unless perhaps Trump insists the Green and Libertarian candidates are also on stage. He needs them to minimize having to answer too many questions, and maybe gang up on Hillary with Stein. Trump won’t play the game unless we all play by his rules.

5 Likes

Disagree. He loves dominating the 24hr news cycle, no matter how fucking dumb and terrible the statements are.

3 Likes

Shameless persons can’t be eviscerated. You have to have a brain, a heart, more than a goldfish’s memory.

Bring up evidence of his lack of wealth and let him collapse in anger and try to physically hit Hillary or the moderator on national television. Not that I want that, but attacking his brand and collapsing it along with his career should work.

9 Likes

Yeah, that would be the viable route. I can’t see her doing it though. She’s constitutionally & situationally unable to lob the grenade at him. If she completely ‘broke character’ and acted like herself, as she is with her closest allies, she just might be able to pull it off. Would she actually want to though? She & her husband have amassed a ~$200 million fortune for activities that… hardly merited such a sum. Her vulnerability is about equal to Drumpf’s when it comes to unearned wealth. And that doesn’t even touch on the gross conflicts of interest she faces wrt the Clinton Foundation.

4 Likes

That newscaster should get a starring role in a vampire movie.

1 Like

I honestly thought I would never see the day when the GOP would do anything other than back their nominee with praise. The old saying has always been true; Democrats fall in love - Republicans fall in line. Always true, that is; until this election. Trump is exceptional…

4 Likes

That’s funny: “What’s More Important, Trump Offending One Father or the Meltdown of the US Economy?”

The GOP always campaigns on the economy, and needs the economy to do poorly so they can come in and “save us” with tax cuts and deregulation. Except the market hasn’t really been doing that poorly (they have been tempering their claim by saying “worst economic recovery since the Great Depression”-- which might be true, but only because this last crash was the worst since the Great Depression, so, duh)-- nevertheless, the one great comeuppance of Trump winning would be the economy, since economists predict his policies would send us into recession, to say nothing of the market shitting it’s pants like in the UK post-Brexit.

6 Likes

Not sure what the Republican Party’s message is, if it’s not the platform of the presidential candidate elected in their own primaries/caucuses, by their own voters. “Oh, that guy? Yeah, we totally disagree with him. Except the majority of us who voted for him.”

7 Likes

Personally I’m hoping for an evisceration followed by him quietly whimpering that he only started his presidential bid because he wanted a gig on Fox News and it’s all got a bit out of hand.

Alternatively he does a no show & Clinton drags the nearest Republican on screen and demands a debate otherwise they’ve got an hour to kill where she can quite easily discuss her platform unchallenged…

4 Likes

The voters will still exist.

2 Likes

You need to look up Scalzi’s recipe for Schadenfreude Pie. It’s dark, bitter, and sweet enough to give you diabetes.

3 Likes

Yes, but whatever rises from the Republican party’s ashes, it should have either purged its most racist tendencies to form their own separate party, or, more likely, buried then deep enough that they shouldn’t be able to influence policy for a while.

3 Likes

And the media will prop them up a new, terrible savior.

2 Likes

Or, Pres Hillary does something foolish and it’s David Duke 2020.

The White Man at the White Time!

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Toes crossed too.

3 Likes

I disagree. She’ll never be able to make him humble, but she can humble him. She can never make him feel shame, but she can shame him. The evisceration 8080256256 is talking about (which I’m not entirely convinced will happen in such a spectacular climactic fashion, but you never know) won’t teach Donald any lessons, but it will make him look like a completely inept, utterly incompetent, thin skinned moron on live television.

And I would not want to be on his tour bus after that debate, even as an observer, because is narcissistic rage will put the Incredible Hulk to shame.

8 Likes

But will that drive his fans away or shut him down? He’s been a failure behind closed doors much longer than he’s been running for office.

2 Likes