Watch house explode as cops approach it to serve search warrant

Originally published at: Watch house explode as cops approach it to serve search warrant | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Literally just heard about this a few minutes ago.

14 Likes

I really hope his neighbors weren’t in.

21 Likes

A slight alteration, please. Film emergency services, fire, police, etc. as much as you want. Do not film victims of violence, accidents, or those getting medical care. (Obvious exception for if you’re filming the police inflicting violence.) The people experiencing what may be some of the worst moments of their lives do not need you recording them for the lolz.

29 Likes

Real life example of a crime/spy/thriller Hollywood film trope: House explodes as authorities show up.

:astonished:

11 Likes

Any theories or guesses on the cause of this situation?

Holy hell that’s insane

3 Likes

Chemical lab I presume. Oh wait I change my mind. Probably was just the gas line.

8 Likes

Dammn Dammmnnnn GIF by MOODMAN

That blewed up real good.

11 Likes

… no, wait, there it is.

7 Likes

Never heard such things happening in any other country in the world. Imagine reading “house in ITALY explodes as cops approach”, you think “woowww, crazy”. But if you read the same for USA, you think “mehhh business as usual”. Or not? USA is gun sick.

3 Likes

70ne32

15 Likes

Was anyone walking away from it without looking back?

12 Likes

The house exploding pushes it out of ‘business as usual’ territory.

If anything; the ready supply of small arms (while, obviously, making it much more common for really low-effort violence to be effective and lethal) blunts the incentive to go exotic: you have to really want a bomb to bother building one when doing so is illegal but stashing as many ‘modern sporting rifles’ as you like typically isn’t.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Outlier situations like this are still more prevalent in the U.S., though. The ordinary citizens’ Second-Amendment-enabled tendency to amass private armouries of guns can make a bad and volatile situation (e.g. a drug lab, right-wing ideology, a booby-trapped building) more explosive even if the weapons and ammo rounds themselves are not necessarily the literal powderkeg.

We don’t yet know what this atomised arsehole was up to in the house, but we do know that firearms were involved and that they didn’t make the situation less dangerous.

11 Likes

I am as big an advocate of filming the police as they come, but it seems strange that this would be pointed out as a situation that proves the need.

Yes this guy won the internets for today, but I am not seeing that as a public good.

5 Likes

Sounds like a disturbed person was shooting a flare gun out his window. They cops responded and he started shooting at them with a regular gun.

My guess is that he decided he wanted to go out in a dramatic way, and did something to fill up his kitchen with natural gas (turning on all his stove burners without lighting them, or maybe just disconnecting the gas line) and then lit a match as the cops approached a second time.

10 Likes

At least this one apparently detonated when the authorities were still outside, so hopefully there wasn’t a “Keanu losing his partner” moment.

5 Likes

It’s a matter of relative maturity. When Italy was the USA’s age, there were no explosives. America will be more responsible in one or two thousand years.

7 Likes