Watch: Idaho professor says women should stay out of engineering – they belong at home with kids

Found his Idaho Scholar works entry

https://scholarworks.boisestate.edu/do/search/?q=author_lname%3A"Yenor"%20author_fname%3A"Scott"&start=0&context=678180&facet=

Quite a reactionary sort.

4 Likes

What do you think the Venn diagram of this guy’s views on women, and his religious beliefs are? I’m just going to hazard a guess that this guy is some sort of very conservative Christian.

1 Like
19 Likes

Could be, but it’s not like Atheist misogynists are in short supply either.

14 Likes

My mother was one of the first, if not the first ever female computer tech. She’d tell this nanowit to go fuck himself. No one else should fuck him, that’s certain.

16 Likes

Gotta keep that willowy, girlish figure to please your man!

…so you can tolerate that shallow git you’ve married!

[ETA] and fall asleep despite the dexedrine you eat.

11 Likes

Dear “Professor” Yenor:

Thank you for proving one of my favorite sayings: “Nothing threatens a mediocre man more than a competent woman.”

13 Likes

They sadly are not. However, glancing at Scott Yenor’s twitter account did find this retweet I’d be surprised to see from them:

The rest of it is about the evils of critical race theory and the woke regime, talking about how conservatives should not give into demands for civility, a little opposing vaccine mandates, an interview he had with Tucker Carlson about declining marriage and birth rates. So he’s not just a misogynist, he seems like the typical GOP supporter, save only that he’s well-read enough to dress up his prejudices with words like civitas and references to Dostoevsky.

18 Likes

Yet when people like Pete Buttegieg get married and have kids conservatives have a hissy fit.

21 Likes

Huh. Seems Benny’s meaning of “rebel” is the same as a typical 14 year old privileged person. In terms of, it’s not about what you’re rebelling against that matters, but just that you rebel. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

He’s published numerous items for the Heritage Foundation, and the Claremont Institute, which is even Trumpier. He edited a book of Reconstruction Documents for the Ashbrook Center. (At least it’s not that kind of Reconstructionism. ) That sort of funding exists in order to provide intellectual cover for Republican shamelessness.

7 Likes

If human females (the submissive gender) should all stay home to raise kids, shouldn’t human males (the aggressive gender) all be drafted into the military, to lay their muscular lives down overseas to benefit their nation? If this prof hasn’t been in combat, should anyone pay him any heed? Just a wimp, hey?

4 Likes

That is basically what fascism is. Exceptions will be made for “important” men because that’s what always happens, especially when daddy makes a large financial donation to the glorious leader the wellbeing of the nation.

18 Likes

I have no doubt that this professor laments the lack of just that kind of draft.

3 Likes

6a00e54f10a09888340192aa8780ff970d

7 Likes

It’s not just a religious problem, no. Plenty of atheist believe that women are inferior to men. Jinx, @Brainspore

This is a systemic problem that should be addressed in that manner. Assuming it’s just one group or another will leave the problem unsolved.

9 Likes

Moi8Rpr

13 Likes

Even fascists (literal Nazis) could be more progressive than that when it came to gender. I was just reading a book last night about the history of helicopters and learned about Hanna Reitsch. She was an active test pilot for the Luftwaffe, the first woman to fly helicopters, jets and a number of other aircraft, and received many military honors from Hitler himself. Other Nazi women played important roles in the military as well.

Obviously this is not in any way meant as a defense of the f-ing Nazis. Just a further condemnation of misogynists for being even more backwards in that regard.

4 Likes

I think she’s the exception which proves the rule, which is that women were largely kept out of the public sphere under fascist governments and even conservative governments.

12 Likes

“War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength.” - George Orwell

Rebellion is Conformity. He probably has that on a t-shirt somewhere in his closet. :weary:

11 Likes