Watch: Karen and Gentleman attack a bakery owner over masks, then get arrested

In the sense that they don’t read it at all, you mean? Someone else reads it for them, gives them the carefully edited version, and they accept it because it fits what they want to believe.

I know so many people who were raised in conservative, religious households and churches/schools who, as adults, rejected religion (and conservatism) when they actually sat down and started reading the texts for themselves and realized they had been lied to throughout their childhoods. Both by the “educators” in their lives feeding them out-of-context snippets of religion and history and also by claiming views were supported by the Bible/history when they weren’t, at all. (And I have family who never have gotten - and never will get - to the “reading it for themselves” stage. They don’t read at all - they just “shopped around” until they found someone who was saying what they wanted to hear, and accept what they have to say on the subjects. They believe some… interesting things.)

@generic_name
The really surprising bit to me is “covet.” They didn’t just misspell it, they don’t know what the name is, which means they’ve never seen it written. But it gets written everywhere, so they’ve somehow managed to have completely avoided, in the last year+ all newspapers, magazines, the entire internet, health information flyers or even tv news (crawls and headlines)…

I’m not sure he could see that. Which would make his actions all the more inexplicable - he went out to see what was happening, could hear what was going on, but then decided not to bother investigating further. For some reason. Because the guy was standing there filming it? Because he decided to just call the cops, instead? Because he decided it was confined to next door and wouldn’t impact him? If I were the bakery owner, I’d not be happy with my neighbor, whatever the reason, though.

6 Likes

Wasn’t it decided we should call them tuckers? XD

7 Likes

rapists look for women with long hair to grab onto and provide - shudder - more control over the victim.

2 Likes

Heh… and it would be so easy to make an [ahem] innocent typo…

2 Likes

I dunno, is puckers that bad?

3 Likes

Don’t forget the guy filming was holding a bat by this point.
I hope I would react more courageously than that neighbor, but seeing a scruffy guy with a bat might make me just call the police on them…

5 Likes

No, but calling someone a mucker cucker might lead to fisticuffs…

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s true. A guy holding a bat is likely to make bystanders think “I don’t want to potentially get myself killed by inserting myself into this situation, whatever it is.”

5 Likes

Has this been made into a T-shirt yet?

Another one could be “You have died of dissin’ Fauci”

4 Likes

I just added the lettering. I don’t know who the artwork belongs to. (A version of the original game, I’d guess.)

1 Like

Agreed. Once it was clear they weren’t customers I say lock yourself in the back of the store and call the cops

I really want to think that’s fake, but the way the world is going I should just assume someone IS that stupid.

3 Likes

Here is an update from the owner of the Cookie bakery

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.