Watch "Karen the Musical," a delightful piano soundtrack to a stupidtastic Karen ouburst

Originally published at: Watch "Karen the Musical," a delightful piano soundtrack to a stupidtastic Karen ouburst | Boing Boing

2 Likes

To me it seems more opera than Broadway, but either way it’s fucking awesome.

There’s more than a little sexism in the “Karen” meme, but we are certainly suffering a plague of entitled white people, and it’s refreshing to see them mocked online.

2 Likes

It also makes all the actually-named-Karens I know, none entitled and not all white, miserable on a regular basis. The whole Karen-meme is pretty tired and unimaginative at this point.

I don’t disagree with that.

2 Likes

Not the first time we’ve seen her and her musical accompanist in these parts

I thought JLW had also posted the clip Pesco just posted, but cannot find it now

2 Likes

I love the ending! Bravo!

2 Likes

That video that was posted on 6 May is longer; this recent post has only the second half.

Edited to add that it appears that the longer video posted on 6 May was uploaded to YouTube by Mat Eisenstein, who is the pianist in the video and wrote it, and the more recent one is from a YouTube channel named “Viral Videos”, which is ripping Mat off. Maybe take down this newer BB post?

Edited again to say: better yet, why not edit this BB post to embed Mat’s video instead of the bad copy.

Edited yet again to tag @pesco

1 Like

@pesco - FYI re the post by @JohnEightThirty

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.