Watch kids eat 100 years of sandwiches

You know what I like about sandwiches? I can eat them anyway I like, and mine is a French dip with cheese.

3 Likes

Well to be fair Panera Bread was founded in 87 and the paninis is something like their core business isn’t it? I don’t really know, I don’t like most of their food…

2 Likes

That’s how Hackney’s served it, since Prohibition days.

Although now, clicking through to the menu, I see there’s a new option: “add cheese, $1.00”. o tempora o mores!

6 Likes

You are now honor-bound to eat any and all paninis from now on while listening to Paganini.

Problem solved!

7 Likes

You can get cheese on it, but that’s like getting mayo on a regular roast beef on rye… the extra fat puts it out of balance.

Now cheese on a cheesesteak… that is divine.

5 Likes

if you like flame war you should post this in the hotdog or unpopular opinions thread

afaik the panino as bread roll recipe is a few centuries old, but the current form as sandwich design template is newish and has its roots as 1970s/1980s trend in Milano

4 Likes

See, I peeked in that hotdog thread just now…and I knew where that was going and lets just say I’m not going to enter that flame war because it doesn’t matter. This is why places like Which Wich and other order your way places are nice. I only like mayo and ketchup on my dogs…AND? I’m not making them for you to eat. I’m not big on condiments, my burgers are tomato, ketchup, and mayo (with cheese and bacon depending on mood, sometimes no tomato). Some people like relish or pickles, yuck, but I’m not stopping you in the slightest. Chik-fil-a no pickles, extra honey please.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Now, mustard and mayonnaise, THAT is a pairing I can get behind.

6 Likes

you guys! A wrap and a burger aren’t sandwiches! WTF?!

6 Likes

Shaggy, Scooby; is that you?

9 Likes

I want to see a kid eat a 100-year old sandwich.

7 Likes

Definitely not slices of a Pullman loaf shown in the first example. A Pullman loaf is baked in a pan with a lid. This shapes the bread into a square shape, and adds texture. There is no way that the bread for the PB&J was baked in a Pullman pan.

4 Likes

No reuben? Heresy!

6 Likes

100 years of sandwiches in one sitting?

That can’t be good for the waistline.

6 Likes

Bánh mì was “popularized” before pastrami on rye? Maybe in Vietnam.

Also shredded lettuce does not belong in a gyro.

5 Likes

5 Likes

none of this makes any sense to me

5 Likes

-the linked BBS forum has everyone’s favorite argument of ketchup on hotdogs, which I enjoy.
-Some people like relish or pickles on their hotdog/burgers/sandwiches. I like neither, nor do I like them on anything.
-The standard Chik-fil-a chicken sandwich comes with pickles, I request it without. I also pour honey on my chicken sandwiches as my condiment of choice.

The point is I don’t care exactly how you make your sandwiches, nor should anyone really. You can say things are non-traditional, but does it even matter? I mean look at this wikipedia link on the reuben:

That alone has 6 variations that are termed reubens but are really just different meats and condiments on rye…
As long as it tastes good to you it shouldn’t really matter.

3 Likes

As a side note, my fathers favorite meal is leaf lettuce and black eye peas with about a 1/4 cup of Blue Plate mayo mixed in. (He also puts mayo on stewed potatoes as well…)

2 Likes