Watch LeVar Burton counter Meghan McCain's 'cancel culture' question

what a mensch

10 Likes

If you can see through the fantasy projected across the corporate mediascape, and yet you want paying gigs within it, you gotta dial back your statements about what bullshit and truth are.

12 Likes

LeVar Burton is a good egg

7 Likes

Sadly, that mem would play just as well on a conservative site. That’s exactly how they see the world.

11 Likes

The desire to stay ignorant and the desire to learn face many obstacles. But the choice is yours to make…

11 Likes

An electronic visor helps in that regard.

13 Likes

When his daughter was attending University of Michigan, locals reporting encounters with Mr. Burton were always going on about how gracious, but low-key he was as said locals gushed about how much they loved him in TNG and Reading Rainbow. :heart_eyes:

In short, he’s awesome!

19 Likes

stitcher is this a warp core GIF by LeVar Burton

19 Likes

McCain’s only value to the show is helping them book her daddy’s old conservative pals on the show and inspiring some epic eyerolls from Whoopi. Trying to take on a more intelligent, more prepared and objectively better human being like LeVar Burton only drives that point home.

13 Likes

Meanwhile the “snowflake Right” is still complaining about fake “cancel culture” (aka the “free markets” they love to crow about so much) rather than truly important things.

It’s almost as if all they want to do is distract and deflect rather than focus on real problems.

19 Likes

11 Likes

The reality is if he had responded with nothing but 100% care and politeness then it would have been used against him… because, reasons…

4 Likes

Watching that gif got me thinking; some people are described as having a “1,000 watt smile”, which sounds a bit blinding and scary. I think that LeVar Burton has a 13.5 Tog smile; a soft, snuggly, enfolding and warm smile.

8 Likes

levar burton data GIF

13 Likes

“Consequence Culture; where consequences finally encompass everybody in society.”

God, I fluv that man.

Mr. Burton:

19 Likes

old school lol GIF by LeVar Burton Kids

14 Likes

I’m wondering at that question from McCain. Not being familiar with her work, is that indicative of her actual stances? I was under the impression that she one of the more reasonable republicans (or barely a republican). Although, like I said, I’m not familiar with her work.

Or was that a softball question intended to give Burton the opportunity to express his well-thought-out soliloquy?

She’s a ghoul riding her deceased Daddy’s coattails.

She’s anti-45, but other than that, she’s still just as bad as the rest of the GOP.

25 Likes

Nah he earned his own goodwill as the host of Reading Rainbow for over 25 years. Lets not compare or contrast him with Mr. Rogers. Lets put him alongside as a worthy peer.

15 Likes

No such thing. Just Republicans who are better at hiding their evil, bigotry and ignorance in public.

11 Likes