Watch man with lint roller "scan" people walking into a building.

Originally published at: Watch man with lint roller "scan" people walking into a building. | Boing Boing

4 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize

19 Likes

why would anyone ask questions? I’ll take a free lint rolling any day thank you

14 Likes

Admit it, at least several of you are planning to do this. I am.

3 Likes

8 Likes

You can have my lint when you roll it from my cold, dead wool jacket.

4 Likes

It’s necessary to let people go in with a cheery: ‘and you’re clean’.

3 Likes

To one-up the joke, cheerfully let him lint-scan you, then whip out your own lint-roller and scan him.

3 Likes

When I had a cat, this guy would’ve had a hard time getting rid of me! :rofl:

5 Likes

In my experience, I see a lot of stupid bullshit happening in the world around me, and stopping to make a scene or argue or question is more trouble than it’s worth. How many of these people are complying because they think it’s a legit security procedure? And how many are complying because it’s just easier to let this guy use a lint roller for a few seconds and get past? Stopping to argue would only delay entry and might inconvenience others who feel pressured into queuing up behind.

2 Likes

Yeah, that. I would probably either think it’s someone’s art piece and go along with it to help them out, or think the person may be a bit unhinged and go along with it to not risk possibly upsetting them. In either case I don’t imagine I’d be able to keep from laughing at the absurdity of it, though, LOL

1 Like

I just read the headline, for some reason I thought he was literally scanning people with some sort of reader that could scan credit card chips disguised as a lint roller.

I’ll bet a lot of those people knew the person and knew he was harmless, if I knew that I would play along, if I didn’t know that I would have asked someone else entering the building or asked at the front desk.

I don’t mind harmless people doing their thing once I know they’re harmless. I would probablly even talk to him and bring him a coffee once I knew he was a regular.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.