Watch: Marjorie Taylor Greene tells a crowd it's time for the GOP to fight each other

Let’s you and him fight!

2 Likes

“Watch two videos below”

No thank you. I’d rather get an enema.

7 Likes

tina turner auntie entity GIF

12 Likes

Maybe. But I don’t think so. More likely is the GOP is hearing their insecurity and responding to it (with bullshit, obvi). The DNC on the other hand spends their time talking about various underserved splinters of society while ignoring the larger mass of people who are terrified of losing what they already have.

1 Like

Any group isolated from opposing viewpoints will drift further and further to the extreme positions. This is that experiment IRL.

9 Likes

You know… Republicans.

13 Likes

I used to think it was good if the R’s would start pushing more and more extreme ideas, fighting off their own more rational people, because it would finally push the party across some line where people would see how ridiculous it was and abandon them – reductio ad absurdum. But the last several years have disabused me of that notion. I see now that with a properly manipulated base, you can keep pushing them and they will follow into complete insanity, without a soupçon of resistance. Just look at all the politicians who wholeheartedly offered their brains on a plate to their dear leader. So I don’t think this GOP internal fighting will result in them self-destructing, as much as crystalizing a more extreme message. The danger should not be underestimated.

7 Likes

The DNC certain has its problems but it can’t appeal to overt racism like the Republicans can. These days, GOP candidates primarily win in districts where the insecurity is about dwindling white demographics. They don’t care if they hurt themselves economically in the process as long as the candidate they vote for hurts non-white people and liberals worse.

So, yeah, stupidity, hatefulness and spitefulness. That’s why otherwise unappealing Republicans like EmptyG and Cancun Cruz and Drooling Louie Gohmert who don’t do anything substantial for their constituents keep getting re-elected.

14 Likes

The Bush/Cheney wing should listen to her and break off to start their own party. Call themselves the Real Republican Party or some such.

It’ll help them both in the 2024 elections. Would I lie to you?

14 Likes

Splinters like non-white people (38%), women (51%), or working class and poor people (about 50-55%)? :confused:

21 Likes

Can you expand upon who you think is undeserving of being served by their representatives?

And why you think they’re different from other “real people”.

15 Likes

We are all Spartacus.

13 Likes

I’m Sparklecus!

19 Likes

Allow David Cross GIF

15 Likes

White people being scared of being a minority really need to take a long hard look at themselves, actually. There is no fucking reason to cater to people who believe that a minority majority country means that white people will all of a sudden be thrown into Jim Crow like situations. That’s why Trump won in 2016. The backbone of his movement is white, middle class business owners, not working class people. They have wealth, power, privilege, and are eager to break any signs of cross-racial class solidarity, because they know that’s the end of their grip on power.

18 Likes

I have said before & nothing has changed my opinion of this fact that there will be Republican Congressional candidates who will murder their primary opponents this year. I feel more confident in saying that it will happen in safe seats (whether R or D), because contested seats tend to have less extreme candidates than in districts where the only people who run have convinced themselves they have a chance (safe D), or the candidates have no incentive to moderate (safe R).

Why bother to do that themselves, when they instead can whip up their followers into such a frothy lather that one of them does it?

13 Likes

Because they are in a death spiral & lack the emotional restraint to stop themselves.

I think everyone should be served by their government equally. And everyone is a splinter of society in some manner or another. Demographics can always be broken down into finer and finer categories. I’m saying that spending more time tailoring and communicating policies that both rural and urban America can see the benefit in would do the DNC a lot of good. As opposed to chasing self satisfying victories*. And there are plenty of opportunities. Automation, Health care, the distinct possibility that Amazon will be the only store in the world shortly. Currently most rural republicans see democratic policies as focused on helping people that don’t look like them at their expense. We could just call them racists and ignore them, but that is not a recipe for passing legislation anytime soon.

*edited. I didn’t like what I said.

We should ignore the racists and focus on expanding the base of people who don’t look like them. They’re ugly.

Pretty sure I know what you mean here- not interested in buying it.

It’s only a minor “culture war” victory to those who already have rights and equal access to government resources. I know that there’s no farm subsidies in my neighborhood. And no one is paying small businesses here to not work. We’ll pay you to not sell milk, renovate houses or code isn’t really a thing.

Edit:

Speaking of niche minority voters, it’s rural people.

12 Likes