Watch: Marjorie Taylor Greene tells a crowd it's time for the GOP to fight each other

Well, they’re also hateful and spiteful people.

21 Likes

Eventually, unfortunately the advantages of the Senate and Gerrymandered house being rigged to Rs means it happens several percentage points past where it should. By popular vote we’d have Rs who are interested in lower taxes, by our current system we have Rs looking to get rid of Democracy.

7 Likes

r/hermancainaward has entered the chat.

8 Likes

It all starts to make sense…

10 Likes

I suppose this applies as well

10 Likes

Yeah…gerrymandering has fucked my state.

15 Likes

i wonder if a civil war within the party is how you folks finally wind up with a 3rd option at the polls.

4 Likes

cwaa

24 Likes

unfortunately, the first order took over. luke became an outcast. r2 turned himself off. leia and han broke up. and that was all before their kid turned to the dark side and killed han

the emperor may have died ( before he was cloned and started running things again from afar ) but it’s hard to say the rebellion won

4 Likes

Doubtful. One-party is way too entrenched. And in reality, there is so much mushy-middle overlap at the center that it would be hard to do.

4 Likes

So are the people she is attacking. I wouldn’t mind if they just shoot it out, but I worry about innocent bystanders.

6 Likes

But in the English writing bits, she didn’t quite fully ram home the difference between ‘where’ and ‘were’ though, apparently.

(Sorry - big wide open goal… forgive me.)

6 Likes

By their standards, if somebody is more crazy than you, you’re doing it wrong.

9 Likes

arya stark agree GIF by Morphin

8 Likes

Hmm, the Bush/Cheney and Trump elements of the Republican party wiping each other out? One can dream…

Dying of covid?

Yep, thanks to right-wing media. Fox created the loop and then had control of it more or less taken away by more extreme right-wing media outlets, ironically forcing them to get even crazier than they had been, just to keep up.

We’re at a point now where the GOP leadership are being left behind by the feedback loop of right-wing media/social media making the party more extreme - they can’t keep up. You end up with fresh blood like Empty Gee, who aren’t in control of anything, or establishment Republicans adopting positions they know are crazy but figure that’s their best chance of appealing to voters.

That’s been baffling me ever since Trump got popular. How can a man with objectively no charisma be “charismatic”?

I mean, they could be, but it would require someone gaining control of Fox News… There’s a lot of things that are widely popular among GOP voters that they share with people on the left, but which don’t happen because: a) GOP politicians don’t actually care what their voters want, they rely on disinformation obscuring what they’ve done and haven’t done, and b) racist framing of those issues by leaders and right-wing media turn voters against particular implementations of the policies they otherwise would support.

And that gets used quite effectively to get GOP voters to vote against their own interests on the regular.

13 Likes

Marge, are you sure you want to call out Dick Cheney? While your idol Twice-Impeached Trump (the TIT) joked about being able to shoot someone on 5th Avenue, Dick Cheney wouldn’t need to joke about shooting someone.

8 Likes

Everybody was fractal fighting! Huh!

6 Likes

In fairness you have to remember that her first language was Parseltongue.

15 Likes

Quality reference.

13 Likes

Ack. No, she did drive home the difference, it was just a typo I missed. Thanks.

3 Likes