Watch Missouri pastor's sexist, racist, anti-LGBTQ sermon about women's looks

I’d rather not, but thanks.

4 Likes

I find it fascinating that the misogyny got him put on leave, but the earlier racist remarks not so much.

5 Likes

She prefers Mrs. Bear, or Bär Frau, for those Germans out there.

10 Likes

As a gay man I’m tired of the trope about “the lady doth protest too much…” because I think it’s somewhat insulting to gay people. But I gotta say “she’s gonna get caught in a public men’s room eventually…”

1 Like

“Men have a need for their women to look like women.” For himself, he is correct – since a beautiful wife really does improve a man’s standing as attractive, a round, soft and doughy-looking man needs a really good looking woman in order to make him seem manly by comparison.

Since his outrageous sermon (full 22-minutes below), in which he also talked about how women are ugly without makeup and how their hair shouldn’t be cut (it’s not “hot”), he has been put on leave.

What? Short hair rocks!

13 Likes

Now it’s been a real looooooong time since I set foot in a church, but I remember a bit about not judging others or removing motes from thine eyes before splinters (blah blah blah hippie stuff)…

That’s probably why I left the faith - people rarely follow the word of the guy they base their church on… that and my Jesuit education

3 Likes

Dunno if the middle one is “short”, but yeah, short, med, long. What ever. Shave it off, it’s your head of hair. Fuck this guy.

2 Likes

There is apparently some fundamentalist church thing about women not cutting their hair short. I don’t entirely know where it comes from. A lot of ancient societies are hella awful about policing appearance…that the bible condemns shaving beards is famous, so maybe there’s something in there too, and then they’ve done the usual pick-and-choose-for-discriminatory-purposes thing. I know there is the story of the Egyptian queen who sacrificed her hair in prayer for the king’s life, and that Carthaginian women gave theirs up to make catapult springs in the final defence of the city, so in at least some places cutting it off was a big deal.

5 Likes

Ultra-Orthodox Jews believe a woman on marriage has to shave her head and wear a wig. In that way she doesn’t have to wear a head covering as Muslims do, because the man who gazeth upon her hair is not doing that.
Well let’s not get into a discussion about how fucking stupid that all is.

4 Likes

I just wonder if this guy’s husband is as homophobic?

I thought we were all created in God’s image. I’m betting God looks awesome even before they put on their makeup.

2 Likes

since i once lived in MO, i had to check where Malden is. yup, down near the bootheel – sounds about right.

1 Like

Couldn’t stomach the whole video.
The bit that I did watch, it seemed like he was laying the groundwork for polygamy.

1 Like

Sad thing is, it was the ultra orthodox Hebrews who started the whole burqa style of dress, and like most Jewish things, the Muslims borrowed it (and I suppose ruined it /s)… The wigs came about as a way to look modern, but follow the traditions.

I’ll say, especially when it’s Servalan in Blake’s 7, played by the late Jacqueline Pearce - the subject of a great many fantasies…

1 Like

A related Oglaf this week:

9 Likes

It seems I must reiterate:
eat steel
Eat steel, sexist pig.

2 Likes

He’s an oil painting … the one in Dorian Gray’s attic.

1 Like

He can’t seem to quit bragging about her that’s for sure.