Watch: Montage of four clowns and one sane human in Wyoming primary debate

Originally published at: Watch: Montage of four clowns and one sane human in Wyoming primary debate | Boing Boing

6 Likes

good lord she is going to lose to one of these ass hats? what a world

21 Likes

The lady with the crucifix bracelet is Plato’s ideal of a brain fart.

As much animosity I have toward her daddy, I appreciate Liz’s sanity. Why does she still put an ‘R’ after her name?

8 Likes

19 Likes

Because she has terrible, right-wing policies. It’s just that they’re (more or less) based on reality, however.

32 Likes

The one you see the least of, Hageman, is going to win the primary. She’s manifestly not stupid, but enthusiastically part of the Trump malignancy. Not sure which is worse, really. MTG is so transparently stupid, she’s not very effective.

8 Likes

The Overton window is not yet so far to the right that she would switch.

At least she seems to have enough consistency in her positions that she would switch parties if it shifted much further. I just wonder what line has to be crossed for that to happen.

6 Likes

Neoconservative, supported the Iraq war, anti-abortion, opposed gay marriage, supports the use of torture, opposes the no-first-use nuclear policy…

11 Likes

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

Animated GIF

9 Likes

Exactly. She’s a political adversary, not a political ally. But at least she’s the kind of adversary that can be engaged with in a good-faith debate that is somewhat connected to objective reality.

19 Likes

I have not been following this race closely, but would I be correct in assuming the sane person is polling in the single digits? Sanity appears to be a bit of a liability for Republican candidates nowadays.

2 Likes

Hageman is polling in the mid-50s, Cheney in the high 20s.

6 Likes

I made it to 1:37 before I just couldn’t anymore. It’s a cavalcade of incapacitatingly ignorant demagoguery. I just can’t.

1 Like

The enemy of my enemy is…Liz Cheney?

2 Likes

I think technically the enemy of my enemy, in this case, is all of reality itself.

6 Likes

The problem for her is, the Republican Overton window may have shifted to the extreme right (and orthogonal to reality), but the Democratic Overton window has only moved but a smidge to the right. That doesn’t make her a future Democrat, it just leaves her without a party.

6 Likes

Wow, clowns is right.

3 Likes

The Onion had this on their website for a while after 9/11/01:

They need to bring it out of retirement…

Liz Cheney is not a moderate Republican

She is an extreme right-winger who happens to disagree with the Trumpists about who won the 2020 election

still not your friend

7 Likes

She even cited 2000 Mules , a piece of sludge so squalid, none of the right-wing propaganda organs will touch it. When NewsMax and OAN won’t touch something, you know you are in trouble.