Watch: new ad on Fox features lifelong Republicans from Oklahoma who won't be voting for Trump

This sounds like a very plausible scenario and there is no doubt that Trump will cry “Fake!” from now until the day he leaves this Earth.

The only tweak I can imagine is rather than gradually fade away into a diminished mental state is Trump will instead attempt to buy/partner with OANN to create the TRUMP TV channel he envisioned from the very beginning…a true mouthpiece dedicated to airing every possible grievance and conspiracy theory that cross his path. He’ll continue to lob grenades safely from his fortress against Democrats, Never-Trumpers and the “Deep State” while fleecing his cult members for contributions to sustain his fantasies.

Narcissists like Trump can’t stand NOT to have the spotlight on them. I truly believe that this was what Trump wanted all along and never really wanted to actually BE president - just a platform to receive adulation and to spout his craziness.

6 Likes

Absolutely correct. Fox and hate radio have created millions of rabid non-thinkers who have become addicted to daily Fear and Hate fixes. Fox continues to have the sick nerve to call themselves news, even thought their charter says ‘entertainment’. F-ing cowards.
Since 1997.

3 Likes

I approve your tweak and enter it into the formal prediction matrix.

2 Likes

And he’ll continue to hold indoor mask-free rallies around the country.

3 Likes

I think its very easy for people to mentally write off some conservatives as a concept, but after watching a handful of videos here you can see that there are some very thoughtful conservatives who have definite beliefs about what the core values of the United States are (should be?) and they are NOT misaligned with what I believe liberals would say if asked.

If we want to actually move the country forward instead of constantly battling the culture wars, we should think about what the core values are (that can be agreed on) so that we can realign our actions to match. Simon Sinek has a lot to say about leading through your values and acting accordingly.

The core problems with modern conservatism predate trump by several decades. From Nixon on, racist dog whistling, rolling back the rights of those of us who aren’t white Christian cisgendered men, empowering corporations at the expense of small businesses and the consumer, and dismantling the social safety net (including the many hard won protections labor unions helped win) have been their core values. They can talk about “values” all they want, but their political actions speak volumes about where their actually values lie, and it’s not in maximizing human freedom for all.

22 Likes

It’s very easy for me to judge others by their own words, actions, and how they vote.

15 Likes

9 Likes

queen-elizabeth-this

(also… what a cute little pupppers…)

10 Likes

Let’s review: Conservatives crashed the bus in 1836, 1865, 1873, 1929, 1958, 1980, 2008, and this year x 3. Are you saying they should still be allowed to drive?

16 Likes

8 Likes

Trump’s increasing shots at Fox are free ads for his future network.

“I voted for Donald Trump in 2016,” says Nancy.

I hear you, Nancy, and have a follow up question. Where did you get that piano (or maybe it’s any organ?)? I have never seen an upright piano like this. I thought it was a mantel at first.

piano2

[hmm… I guess Nancy’s not taking questions.]

Yeah. So they claim. Forgive me if I don’t believe the word of people morally bankrupt enough to vote for Trump in the first place.

3 Likes

My message to these people,

“Yah, great, but you all voted for him the first time, didn’t you? If you didn’t see this coming, you have no idea who you are casting your ballot for, generally. Try dropping “blind ideology” as a decision-making tool. Also, kinda fuck you for putting us here.”

10 Likes

And morally bankrupt enough to still call themselves Republican. I have to assume they’re fine with the likes of Mitch McConnell, Tom Cotton, and virtually every other (R) politician in the country.

“He thinks he knows it all…we certainly need to get back to our core beliefs.”

It sounds as if Carter’s issue is Trump’s inefficiency at advancing their “core beliefs”. You know, the ones that tens of thousands are in the streets protesting about.

8 Likes

I am just amazed at the ads this year for Biden. Not just this one, I’ve seen a few from different sources. They’re so agressive, direct, and so unlike previous democratic campaigns. More like previous republican campaigns. Finally veering away from the “let’s try to make things better” which is admirable in the abstract, but doesn’t generate action. More like “DANGER, DANGER!” which is what has been needed since Carter.

If someone has some links to articles about this new blood in the lib/dem/prog media, please share. I’d like to learn more.

I’ll just leave this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riDypP1KfOU

2 Likes

I’m surprised they would admit on video that they even voted for him, in the first place.

2 Likes

I concede that there are conservative Americans who genuinely care about their stated core values, oppose bigotry and value competence. I just don’t believe anyone who made a conscious decision to vote for Trump can be classified as such.

Every single person who voted for Trump in 2016 decided that none of his flaws—his racism, misogyny, narcissism, criminality, incompetence, malice, serial philandering, disrespect to POWs and Gold Star families, mockery of the handicapped, etc.—constituted a deal breaker.

You don’t get to vote for someone like that and pretend you were upholding the values of a thoughtful, principled conservative.

17 Likes

Exactly. I’m naturally conservative (dictionary definition). I have voted for specific Republicans at various times in my adult life. But I haven’t for quite some time now, because they’re not conservative anymore, they’re rabid capitalists, dominionists, and/or fascists.

12 Likes

Wow, I just had a flashback to John Candy and Maureen O’Hara in Only the Lonely.

4 Likes