Watch: Ohio school board president caught on video admitting he asked 11-year-old girl to strip and "cuddle"

Originally published at: Watch: Ohio school board president caught on video admitting he asked 11-year-old girl to strip and "cuddle" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

That was beyond the pale, truly disgusting.

giphy-10

25 Likes

Ten bucks says this guy is a member of the political party that accuses anyone who wants to allow kids to learn about the existence of LGBTQ+ people of being a “groomer.”

52 Likes

According to one of the articles on this, they’re investigating because they need to make sure the defense can’t claim entrapment. Apparently that’s a common issue when the evidence comes from a vigilante group. So while it seems beyond the pale that dude is walking around, I’m all for whatever makes it easier to eventually get this guy far, far away from the public for a long time.

18 Likes

Let me guess, life time Republican voter.

14 Likes

School boards are usually elected, and the President is chosen by the board itself.

8 Likes

16 Likes

OK, I can’t say for absolute certainty that this is the same guy since “John Gray” is a fairly common name, but when I did a search for registered voters in Ohio I got exactly one hit for someone who appears to fit both the age (61) and location (Pleasant Plain, approximately 4 miles from Goshen).

not-surprise

28 Likes

I came here to literally say the exact same thing.

The political party that gave us toddler beauty pageants is lecturing the rest of us about “grooming”… :joy:

27 Likes

Is it an old video, then? In the video he confirms his age as 55…
Either way, not surprised at all if this guy is a Republican.

ETA - oh, never mind. He lied about his age, too. Go figure.

14 Likes

came here to post something similar… b/c I just don’t even know wtf to say. I’m trusting the text of the article b/c I just don’t have the stomach to actually watch and listen to that video.

11 Likes

Don’t watch it, it triggered me bad, needed some fresh air & silence after that.

16 Likes

Perhaps he lied about his age because he thought it would be less creepy if he said he was only five times as old as the girl he intended to molest? JFC.

15 Likes

Yeah, I just got to that part in the video.
Also, how he kept adding one year to the girl’s age, like somehow saying and planning to do all that stuff with a 12-year-old is more acceptable???
I don’t know if I can finish watching. I want to rip his head off.

14 Likes

Forgive me for not having the stomach to watch the video. Can someone with a weaker gorge reflex clarify something for me? The post suggests that this guy thought he was talking to the girl’s mother when he admitted to all this? And that he imagined the mother was “sympathetic” to him? I understand the mom was fake and in the context of trying to trap the guy she might say suggest something like that. But how the hell could this bozo convince himself that it was safe to admit to a mother that he planned to molest her daughter?

12 Likes

This.

As a parent, I can’t imagine being fully in control of my actions (and likely ending up in jail) if someone was talking to me on how they planned to molest my kid.

5 Likes

Gee, imagine that.

It’s like one big 'ol dumpster that party.

15 Likes

And purity balls, which are even creepier.

23 Likes

Please don’t apologize to me! I’m not encouraging anyone to watch this wretch.
But to this:

You got me. :woman_shrugging:t2:
The women were pretty clever. They started by saying they were concerned for their daughter, and wanted to know what had been being discussed. Kind of, “if you can help us help her, we’d be so grateful.”
Still, I couldn’t tell if he really didn’t think he was doing anything wrong, or if he thought he could pull one over on them because he’s gotten away with everything his whole life.

19 Likes

I can’t watch this video but my guess is that this isn’t the first time he’s tried this and the very clever women used the same language certain parents who will sell their kids for sex use. He recognized this and started feeling out how far the “mother” would let him go. The part in the article about the “mother” being sympathetic and saying girls that age are so promiscuous, that’s something these kinds of (very evil) parents will say. Yes. It is a thing for some people to accept money or favors and allow people to molest or rape their children.

17 Likes