Watch: Panicked toilet paper hoarders get in physical fight with another customer who wants just one pack

Humanity sucks.

6 Likes

What is the finest thing in life? To crush your enemies! Drive them before you! And secure those last toilet rolls!

I’d have hoped that the Manager would step in; say that no one can buy more than two packs at a time.

10 Likes

Or just hand the one woman a pack, reshelve the rest, and tell the hoarders to gtfo.

14 Likes

Since its the endtimes anyway, I suggest that every supermarket gets a thunderdome installed (or several thunderdomes, if its a larger store). That way disputes like that can be solved in a more dignified manner.
" Two Men Enter One Man Leaves" with all of the bogrolls he can carry.

9 Likes

Life_Is_Cheap..._But_Toilet_Paper_Is_Expensive_Poster

2 Likes

Obviously a “Low” information voter

1 Like

let’s just take a moment to give thanks to the freaking store workers who have to put up with this, and do it in a calm, professional manner. jesus.

26 Likes

Toilet paper is not going to run out. There are warehouses full of it. This panic is ridiculous and these people hoarding it are scum. If you actually run out use just wash yourself.

10 Likes

He tried to, and the older woman laid on top of the cart. That’s when he called the police to help mediate.

8 Likes

But we don’t get to see how the toilet paper is finally distributed.

Toilet paper being toilet paper, I have a pretty good idea as to how it will finally be distributed.

Anyway, at Ralph’s a couple of days ago, one shopper in self-checkout had 3 super large packs of tp in the cart. One checkout monitor came over, smiling, and told her of the one pack rule. No problems. The extra packs were removed, but the episode got me wondering about helpers who are shopping not just for themselves, but also for the elderly and disabled. I suspect these helpers are driving around most of the day and running into empty shelves and item buy limits.

2 Likes

People, eh? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

5 Likes

It has been almost 4 days around here with no tp in sight.

TP warehouses must be in China.

2 Likes

25 Likes

As an Aussie I could say Ha Ha but the fact is, we need the USA.

@hecep

I suspect these helpers are driving around most of the day and running into empty shelves and item buy limits

I picked up two of the last three cans of baked beans yesterday at the supermarket. I felt bad for hoarding, buying 66% of the supply but I am buying for my son and my self.

5 Likes

I told you to buy a bidet. Now it’s too late.

15 Likes

Why is it too late? I’ve been to Costco and Home Depot today, both had them.

4 Likes

Any kind of source or link to a news bit that goes into the rest of this story?

I say we go back to the Roman sponge on a stick method.
Don’t get the wrong end of the stick!

In my local grocer, all T.P. was gone (wiped out…), but plenty of kleenex, Nyquil, cold remedies, aspirin and Tylenol.

Priorities people, please.

3 Likes

Imagine if instead of toilet paper, people were scrambling to install bidet attachments on their toilets instead! Not only would we use less trees and reduce our carbon footprint, but wet wipe usage would drop and we wouldn’t have fatbergs clogging up the sewers so much.

There is so much more sickness going on than just Covid 19.

8 Likes