Watch: Panicked toilet paper hoarders get in physical fight with another customer who wants just one pack

This is not the way I saw society being wiped out…

Don’t stop me now, I’m on a roll!

10 Likes

I found several news reports that covered it.

5 Likes

Wow!

Redefing the term “shithead” in real-time

Frankly, it ain’t “yours” if it ain’t paid for, and the overloaded hoarders had clearly not passed through check-out.

4 Likes

Man, you just remind me, I survided this track in the mosh pit last summer during the heat wave when they played in Berlin - and I staid in there for another three tracks. Makes me a lot more optimistic about surviving the actual virus craze too. Toilet paper or not!

2 Likes

Coronapocalypse has turned into Lord of the Flies.

1 Like

Time to start thanking the Junkmail Gods for their plentiful bounty. He’s how my grandparents related to me about the wonders of the Montgomery Wards Catalog: https://books.google.com/books?id=0RcIAQAAQBAJ&pg=PA24&lpg=PA24&dq=montgomery+wards+catalog+outhouse+toilet+paper&source=bl&ots=nO36z0bNVC&sig=ACfU3U184V65mNwLL0Lmkr36WK4CBWsRhQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiagKGq5aLoAhVpHTQIHS6NAgsQ6AEwGHoECAUQAQ#v=onepage&q=montgomery%20wards%20catalog%20outhouse%20toilet%20paper&f=false

So this is it how it ends?
Well fed people coming to blows over toilet paper, while surrounded by food that millions around the world can only dream of!
Now that is sad… :confused:

6 Likes

I laughed because I’ve had to use leaves before in the woods when I was still a deer hunter.

I think I’ve said this somewhere before but after living in Japan for three years and petting tame deer in Nara and Miyajima, I don’t have it in me to do it anymore. It’s how I was raised is all.

I’m not even joking when I say this. I’m not worried at all because I can always use leaves again. And I’ll never have to fight any hysterical morons like this to do it

5 Likes

Man that turns people into upside down volcanos. You like need a seatbelt.

Some time ago I mentioned Kentucky native and eco warrior Mike Roselle.
He posted a gem about the current madness:

Tissue paper has become currency and currency has become tissue paper.

I’m thinking some stores are gonna relocate their prime liquor to the toilet paper shelves so they can lock up all the TP.

2 Likes

Until they all come after you with their sponges.

Et tu, Brute?

2 Likes

I’m embarassed to say this is from Australia. Our panic buying started just a little before the USA’s and has been weirdly focused on toilet paper (wtf), dried pasta (yeah… Ok I guess) and hand sanitizer (yeah I guess that makes sense).

Most stores have had limits on purchases per customer for a couple of weeks now, I think it came in just a couple days before this story first hit.

2 Likes

This is what I don’t get. In some parts of the world they just wash their asses. They must think westerners are insane.

We still have modern plumbing and running water everyone

Edit: honestly it’s 2020 and westerners should start washing their asses as a cultural norm. We have the technology. To irrigate. Our asses.

4 Likes

Toilet paper is bulky. Constantly restocking toilet paper might just mean that the store can’t restock more important things-- like FOOD.

1 Like

Part 2 of the toilet paper shortage saga.

Less hysterical journalism from a more civilized time.

2 Likes

I posted this on the Corona Virus thread bit it probably belongs here to…

6 Likes

Clearly assault and battery is illegal and immoral. The interesting question is whether taking an item out of another persons cart is immoral and/or illegal. I am sure if it was a cop’s cart they would find something to charge but I can’t think of a law that applies.

I would argue hoarding is immoral, and taking from a hoarder’s cart is also immoral. Two immoral actions don’t make moral so I can’t justify taking from the cart, even though I want to. I find myself curious what a libertarian would do.

1 Like

You can still buy newspapers?!

2 Likes

I thought that they wove palm fronds into strips the width of toilet paper and rolled them up. Or was that the Goodies on the Costa Monger?

2 Likes

Apropos, just in case:

3 Likes