Watch people from different countries count paper money in myriad ways

story time…

so we do a yankee swap (white elephant) with friends for Christmas every year. We do the normal pick a number. When its your turn open a new gift or take one that’s open already…last person gets their pick of the lot. Most of the time the gifts are useless crap as the rule is “bring something that is in your house that you don’t want anymore”. There have been brand new spare coffee carafes, brand new floor mats for cars long gone, horridly ugly picture frames still in original packaging…you get the idea.

One of our friends parents own a maple syrup farm…so she had a large mason jar of fresh home made maple syrup and she put it in. Every now and then there is a gem item like this. And I got it…with 2 people left to pick. Of course the person after me (John) looks right at me and says “Don’t get comfortable holding that.” this was the exchange…

Me: I know you want to take this. but for now it’s mine right?
J: Huh? Yes, it’s yours now, but in 30 seconds it will be mine!
Me: So we have established this is MY maple syrup as of this moment.
J: I don’t understand why you’re saying this…but sure it’s yours.
Me: unscrews cap and licks the surface of the syrup Well, buddy, it’s yours if you still want it. :slight_smile:
Everyone: HAHAHAH
One person: Oh my god that was classic!
My Spouse: That’s my husband, doing what it takes to secure things for his family!

14 Likes