Watch President George W. Bush decry the "wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq" when he meant to say Ukraine

I still hate that man.

26 Likes

GIF by VH1

11 Likes

That idiot used to be your president.
No, really. Then you re-elected him.
Yes, I know.

5 Likes

“If I bomb Iraq once, shame on me, if I bomb Iraq again, then we won’t, I mean, we’ll just bomb.”

7 Likes

He’s still got it

7 Likes

and what’s even worse is during 45’s reign many of us were having nostalgia for when he was as bad as presidents got, it felt kind of cute in a cathartic nihilistic way

7 Likes

Republican projection is apparently so powerful that even when they correctly identify the wrongdoer, they still somehow manage to confess their own crimes.

8 Likes

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing, but mean a mother-fucking war crime.

19 Likes

What a flippant twat. W (aaand the rest) just set a great example for Putin to follow. And BTW, it’s Ukraine, not THE Ukraine you dim-bulb cowboy.

11 Likes

Aww, gotDANGit Freud!

2 Likes

haha… Iraq too… anyway… haha…

Huh, so it turns out that the Shrub has just a glimmer of self-reflection and realizes that the invasion of Iraq was wholly unjustified and ultimately a really bad idea that he would feel bad about if he just a bit more self-awareness…

8 Likes

up until covid - and of course the coup attempt - bush was in my book still the worst president.

two unnecessary and unjust wars, the torture of pows, the cratering of the economy. not to mention that small chance a different administration might just have put two and two together before 9/11. it was a car wreck of a presidency, and we were the car

and really, shrub may still have a higher body count than trump. it seems to be kind of a toss up at this point

im honestly dumbfounded that the republican party even exists as a thing and that people still vote for them

12 Likes

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Rbg GIF by GIPHY News

ETA: (Context – RBG strongly dissented Shrub’s hotly-contested first election)

16 Likes

Don’t put that shit at my feet. I never voted for the fucker. I voted for Gore in 2000, in an election that Bush’s lawyers and SCOTUS stole (as in actually stole, not in the fake Trumpian “stop the steal” sense). I voted for Kerry in 2004, butt he didn’t have a chance with Bush still riding high on post-9/11 goodwill and lots of public support for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. This was barely one year after Michael Moore literally got booed off the stage at the Oscars for calling out what a sham the war was before people were ready to hear it. It wasn’t until after his second term that more people got wise to what a scam the whole thing was.

Oh, FFS. You don’t call it that anymore.

24 Likes

[In Rubber Dubya’s head]

(Reading the speech beforehand)
“Huh, that’s like me, in Iraq. Ukraine is like Iraq. Ukraine… Iraq… Ukraine… Iraq…”

(Reading proper)
“Don’t say Iraq. Don’t say Iraq. Don’t say Iraq. Don’t say Iraq.”

“Dammit! Make jokey. Make jokey. Make jokey”

“Nailed it.”

7 Likes

“Mr. Bush? There’s a Dr. Freud on line 1.”

4 Likes

When I read this my reaction was, “That’s a bit far-fetched and over-dramatic”. That was also my reaction when people were saying there was a realistic chance that Trump could become president.

1 Like

It may be time to schedule a recalibration of your sensors. :wink:

8 Likes
2 Likes

*yoink

11 Likes