Watch President George W. Bush decry the "wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq" when he meant to say Ukraine

For a time there, it felt like they had to fade away. Then they linked up with the Tea Party and cranked the far-right viewpoints up to 11. What a formula for success. (sigh)

4 Likes

If not for a court blocking it, forced detransition for trans youth would already be happening in Alabama. Texas has considered it, but went with investigating the parents of trans kids instead. In other states, republicans are already talking about how you shouldn’t be able to transition before you’re 25. There have been hundreds of anti-trans bills passed in the past few years. It’s not far-fetched at all. The Supreme Court is about to remove a woman’s right to bodily autonomy, the fascists will need a new enemy and trans and other LGBTQ people are an easy target.

16 Likes

There you go folks, there’s your justice for the invasion of Iraq. Or at least it’s as close as you’re ever going to get. Enjoy!

George Bush Door on Make a GIF

4 Likes

The Hague Invasion Act is still law

2 Likes

Still an embarrassment to himself and his country.

4 Likes

Sometimes a cigar is not a cigar.

Safe to say TFG has a higher body count than Shrub, but TFG has mostly killed Americans.

5 Likes

Home Field Advantage?

Neither of them managed it alone.

6 Likes

Hopefully history will mark that as the start of The Final Backlash, which I believe it is. They are still losing demographically very badly. They’ve stayed alive by more and more aggressively courting a smaller and smaller angry white base. This is not sustainable and they have only made it this far by electoral system manipulation. They acknowledge all that at their own conferences.

The problem is how much damage they can do until they fall. Citizens United, overturning the VRA and Roe, SCOTUS ruined for a generation… who knows what else. :confused: It’ll take generations to unwind what’s already been done and get back to a mere 2010-level of rights for most people (or 1970s level in other countries).

5 Likes

Since Bush decided to invade Iraq anyway, despite the thousands of protests that erupted around the world, it’s been difficult for me to have any hope that the dictators in Russia will ever listen to anyone telling them to stop their invasion of Ukraine, especially the handful of dissidents and rebels openly confronting them on their own turf.

3 Likes

He’s not wrong. The start of the Iraq War II was the moment of clarity for me to decamp to the Netherlands. 19 years and counting. No regrets.

6 Likes

Oh, hello there, father, er confessor, professor, your honor, your grace…

2 Likes

I don’t have enough urine to piss on that man’s grave.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be that surprised if he did it on purpose as a “joke” :unamused: it’s not like it would be the first time

3 Likes

Biden will just have to arrest himself then

2 Likes

Yep, he’s still got it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.