Watch President Trump attempt to say "Yosemite"

Insert Typos here

1 Like

For the longest time, I thought that to “defenestrate” someone was to “de-bag” them. Cue much confusion over revolutionaries removing trousers in Prague.

5 Likes

“Yo-Semites!”

That just gave me flash backs to that comedy song group 2 Live Jews.

6 Likes

I bet that was written-out phonetically ‘cause they knew he couldn’t pronounce “sequoia”, but they mistakenly assumed that there’s no way in hell he doesn’t know “Yosemite”, so they left it as-is.

That, or he knows Sequoia Capital, but only because those VCs are richer than he is.

10 Likes

Don’t let him near Massachusetts:

5 Likes

Woah. . . .so Trump can read after all.

He just doesn’t know what the f#$k he’s reading.

9 Likes

Or Washington:

https://www.seattletimes.com/video/4187256471001/can-you-pronounce-these-washington-words/

4 Likes

Gah! What a maroon!

5 Likes

I remember when conservatives used to make fun of Obama for pronouncing the country of Niger correctly (“nee-ZHER”) instead of mangling the word the way most Americans do (“NYE-jur”).

One thing you can say about Trump, he never makes average Americans feel stupid by comparison.

35 Likes

He also allegedly said “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes…”

10 Likes

Told ya’, we broke it…

… or the worst president in the history of presidents.

9 Likes

Time to send him on a tour of New England with stops at Lake Chaubunagungamaug, Ompompanoosuc, Tantiusques and Quonochontaug.

7 Likes

Well he’s likely never seen it in writing. He probably thought that dude was Yosemitty.

4 Likes

Suffering succotash!

3 Likes

I half think he knows how to say it perfectly, and this was just another dog whistle.

4 Likes

Didn’t phase Bill & Ted!

2 Likes

You nailed it.

“Believe me, folks: many people are saying that “Yo-Semite” is the correct pronunciation, but most people don’t know that.”

10 Likes

So-goy-uhs.
You know – Their sap is where we get mayonnaise.

2 Likes

True fact: Yosemite Sam’s real name is Shmuel Yablonski.

8 Likes