Watch Queen's unreleased promotional video for the Flash Gordon theme (1980)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/30/watch-queens-unreleased-prom.html

6 Likes

Needs more BRIAN BLESSED!!!

13 Likes

16 Likes

When two fantastic things come together to be even more fantastic, the world gets better.

8 Likes

13 Likes

I would have paid good money for that satnav.

3 Likes

The movie was released in 1980, not 1985. Which, thanks to its set-dressing is immediately apparent upon anyone seeing it.

7 Likes

tumblr_nky2pqdxIW1tdkro1o2_500

9 Likes

That song still gives me chills. AWESOME!

2 Likes

One of my all-time favorite movies! The soundtrack keeps the whole movie fun and light-hearted.

2 Likes

In my headcanon the character Max von Sydow portrayed during his brief cameo in The Force Awakens was actually just an older, mellowed-out Ming the Merciless.

7 Likes

I’m picturing a triangle of Flash Gordon, Flesh Gordon and Barbarella, and I like it.

Ya know what, throw Zardoz in there for good measure.

2 Likes

Please No Zardoz!

That promotional video isn’t that much different from the one that was officially released.

I can understand why they didn’t use that video – it has all sorts of movie audio that isn’t part of the song, when the song already pulled lots of audio directly from the movie.

There’s a great documentary on the film featuring a section where Brian May breaks down the making of the theme song. I’m not really a big fan of the film - it’s a bit too campy even for my tastes - but this documentary made me appreciate the film a lot more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.