Watch sheriff's deputies arrest Ohio county commissioner Niki Frenchko who criticized sheriff

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/19/watch-sheriffs-deputies-arrest-ohio-county-commissioner-niki-frenchko-who-criticized-sheriff.html

6 Likes

the only member of County government from her political party

Gee. I wonder what political party she is, and what political party the others are.

EDIT: Not what I was expecting. She’s a Republican.

15 Likes

Well that’s disappointing. She probably was spouting some grade A nonsense, but if she’s a rightfully elected county commissioner, you just have to deal with it. You can’t arrest her. Jesus.

25 Likes

More of this, please

41 Likes

Here’s the opinion:

8 Likes

She was criticizing treatment of inmates in the jail by the sheriff and his staff. I think today might be opposite day.

29 Likes

That was my expectation when I saw Fox News mentioned in the post. :woman_shrugging:t4:

ETA:

LEOs in too many places don’t care about other people’s rights.

14 Likes

The assholes seem to be all on one side in this one.

8 Likes

That’s enlightening. Especially these two parts:

Commissioner Frenchko assumed office in January 2021, making her “the first
Republican and first woman to serve as Trumbull County commissioner in at least
three decades.”

At meetings of the Trumbull County Commission, Commissioner Frenchko and
her two colleagues often sparred. (ECF No. 43, PageID #485.) Even disagreements
over policy often devolved into arguments during which the commissioners
interrupted one another. (Id., PageID #485–88.) Often, the meetings descended into
personal insults. For example, at public meetings Commissioner Fuda referred to
Commissioner Frenchko as “this lady.” (June 10 meeting video at 3:00 & 3:40.)
During one public meeting, he held up photographs to Commissioner Frenchko of the trash can in the women’s restroom containing used tampons.

Sounds like misogyny to me! Assholes.

16 Likes

1 Like

thanks for looking that up!

i think party affiliation is like a first pass filter. you’re still going to get plenty of democrats who want to weaponize police; it’s just a given on the republican side. ( same with corruption. re: bob menendez )

and, really, no group of any significant size is ever completely free of terrible people. for the two parties: it’s all about proportions.

7 Likes

Here in America, we do not arrest our political opponents.

Just you wait. If the courts do in fact rule that POTUS has complete immunity while in office, Biden has a chance to do the funniest thing possible right before the election.

9 Likes

She’s not great.

3 Likes

The lawyer lost all my sympathy when he used the term “sovereign immunity”.

2 Likes

I never said she was. But the two Democrats she’s serving with sound like grade A sexist jackasses.

14 Likes

Please delete “in too many places”

6 Likes

Gitmo bay, equip the ‘Presidential Cage’ with a gold toilet and gold-painted bars. It’ll be perfect!!

7 Likes

Unless said inmates are insurrectionists being deprived if their Xbox, I support her on this.

With more than a side dish of abusing power, too. They should be removed from office along with the sheriff.

16 Likes

Oh, absolutely.

9 Likes

HS and JFC, this is BS political SNAFU is FUBAR.

4 Likes