Watch Siouxsie and the Banshees' "The Passenger" video, restored for its 35th anniversary

Exactly. My children are 30 and 26. I’m a grandfather twice. It’s marvelous.

For me, the key is to think about all the moments that occurred between point A and point B in time. There’s the mosaic. There were so many wonderful moments (and some not so wonderful moments). I like to think, they have become good, smart and able humans. And they seem to tolerate me. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

The years are short, but the days are long.

1 Like

I love everything about Siouxsie Sioux and this version of Pop’s song except for the ‘produced’ brass which I personally find detracts from the growling rawness of the bass and Siouxs voice… the drums and guitar are great and sit in the Passenger pocket.

Would love to hear this without that frigging horn sound!

IMHO

1 Like

I guess Iggy knows better than me, but the horn part in the Banshees cover for me, made it miss the mark. I don’t think the feel of the song works with sanitized big band horns.

35 years…ugh, I’m old

2 Likes

Which is your favorite?

1 Like

Hyaena.

Or pick up the Once Upon a Time and Twice Upon a Time singles collections. Good overview there.

3 Likes

Thank you - I will!

3 Likes

I would also recommend the live album Nocturne, for me it brings their early works together as one consistent experience. Robert Smith on guitars might be an added benefit for some, but you have that on Hyæna, too.

1 Like

One of the best concert films ever, I wore out my vhs

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.