Watch the original DeLorean pitch to auto dealers

Fixed points, yo. (The Whovians have gotten to me…)

3 Likes

Ha! My son has become obsessed with cars lately, especially the Mustang. I pointed out a ca. '85 Mustang the other day. It was clear that he was unimpressed.

1 Like

Thē narrator. speaks. like he is. ā. computer sim. ū. lation.

1 Like

Weeeel the De Lorean looks a lot better better than an 80s Mustang.

2 Likes

Trans-Am
Ferrari GTO
Lamborghini Countach
Corvette
Porsche 911
DeLorean

Yeah, I think that was every decent looking car from the entire decade.

An entire century ahead of its time, even.

5 Likes

Ahem.

1 Like

Looks were not the DeLorean’s problem.

Trying to pass off a slow, bad-handling piece of crap as a sports car, OTOH…

5 Likes

Trans-Am - revised in '82, but alas - no more screaming chicken hoods!

Ferrari GTO - an update of the 308 that was designed in the 70s, and oh so glorious!

Lamborghini Countach - originally designed in 1974

Corvette - the C4 Corvette was released in '84, so pure 1980s awesomeness!

Porsche 911 - waaaay older than the '80s. Even the bubbly 928 was designed prior to the '80s.

DeLorean - the first prototype was unveileved in 1976 (I think), but the car really does seem to capture the '80s. The car was designed by Guigiaro, who also drew the original Lotus Esprit, the Lancia Delta, the VW Rabbit - so many hits for that Italian designer.

Acura Integras and Legends, were pure '80s, BMW M5 and M6, Cadillac Allante, Ferrari Mondial, Ford Taurus SHO… there were some great 80s designs.

What about Minivans? I sorta hate them, but they did help revolutionize the American car buying habits, and I think they came out in the 80s…

2 Likes

It was manufactured in Ireland during the Troubles. Genius!

1 Like

What about th e Renault Alpine?

4 Likes

The top read out tells you where you’re going, October 26, 1981, a red-letter date in Mad Men-esque office sexism.

On the contrary, it’s a gorgeous piece of junk. Handling and pick-up was a joke. It was, however, nearly the world’s first cocaine powered car!

Perhaps at a progressive company such as, I dunno, Uber?

2 Likes

I actually think the late 90’s probes were kind of good looking.

Guess I just go for bubble cars!

Well, Biff is president, so I can only conclude some idiot kid got ahold of a flux capacitor. Parents are probably idiots too.

[damn, even the jokes sting in this timeline]

2 Likes

That’s the horrible irony; even the original Biff is a better person than 45. By the time he became an old man, Tannen had at least learned some things in life, and was able to wrap his head around the concept of ‘cause and effect.’

45, though? Not so much.

3 Likes

I believe the script was written in WordStar on a brand new Osborne 1. The gull wings look really cool and also look like they’d be a huge pain to deal with once the novelty wears off after trying them that one time.

3 Likes

Literally.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.