Watch The Three Stooges yuk it up in these Christmas clips

Originally published at: Watch The Three Stooges yuk it up in these Christmas clips | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Colonel Flagg: Don’t try to be funny with me, Colonel. I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile.

Col. Potter: Really?

Colonel Flagg: I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges. Every time I felt like smiling, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.

Col. Potter: That oughta do it.

5 Likes

“Malice From The Palace” was remade years later as “Rumpus In The Harem.” By that time, Shemp had died, and Moe considered disbanding the Stooges. Unfortunately, Columbia demanded they finish the four remaining shorts (Rumpus in the Harem, Hot Stuff, Scheming Schemers, and Commotion on the Ocean) of their eight shorts contract. These were made with existing stock footage and a stand-in (Joe Palma) for Shemp.

2 Likes

This is why Sam Raimi has “Fake Shemp” in the credits of his movies.

“Coined by film director Sam Raimi, the term is named after Shemp Howard of the Three Stooges, whose sudden death in 1955 necessitated the use of these techniques to finish the films to which he was already committed.”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.