Watch this android child make some very odd and unsettling facial expressions

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/02/watch-this-android-child-make.html

1 Like

And this is why you have to make fear saves at disadvantage when there’s an android around.

5 Likes

Once the androids perfect side eye, we are doomed.

side eyes

6 Likes

Very convincing poop face, I’m impressed, if that was the effect they were going for.

9 Likes

Well yes, it’s an android controlled by an Apple MacBook, what did you expect?

2 Likes

I’m making some unsettling facial expressions right now.

8 Likes

The fact that this disembodied head has a pretty significant left sided exotropia makes me want to send them to the disembodied head ophthalmologist! Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this on Futurama.

2 Likes

He sees Pedo Bear approaching.

Great, so now I have to change an android’s diaper? I thought robots were supposed to steal our jobs, not create new ones.

2 Likes

About that pupil tracking speed…

2 Likes

Just know that you are loved, be your bestest self today.

3 Likes

10 Likes

I mean, none of the expressions were disturbing per se, IMO. The transitions between them were weird, but otherwise, meh. I’ve seen worse.

1 Like

Poop face, Sneeze face, and OMG what’s that!

Why do people persist with this? The more “lifelike” they get, the more creepy they are. They’re still descending into the uncanny valley. They can’t see the bottom, let-alone the other side. What’s the point? Seriously.

o god please sync the eyes PLEASE SYNCHRONIZE THE EYES

2 Likes

Gahhh… Kill it with fire!

1 Like

Do not want to see its ahegao face!

Every time I see one of these tech demos I empathize more and more with the mob in that movie A.I. who violently massacre robots for cathartic entertainment.

2 Likes

1 Like