Watch this Daren and Karen couple call the police to complain about getting a ticket

Originally published at: Watch this Daren and Karen couple call the police to complain about getting a ticket | Boing Boing

6 Likes

All I got is “play dumbass games, win dumbass prizes.” In this case, it’s a broken window (or two) a night in the local pokey (probably), and a bill for getting the car out of impound. And legal fees.

22 Likes

The way Officer Gangster holds his taser is the cherry on top.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 11.33.50 AM

17 Likes

Without knowing more context, it’s easy to picture absolutely everybody involved being a total tool. Remember that when two people fight, it doesn’t follow that one of them is right.

24 Likes

The “Bonus Karen” at the end is going to have some serious dental bills after taking that nosedive in the street.

16 Likes

Captain Obvious says:

If they were Black people instead of overly entitled Karens, they’d probably have ended up shot and killed, even without all the flagrant disrespect.

35 Likes

The “hiney drop” was classic Karen.

7 Likes

He actually does approach with a gun in his right hand (51 seconds in), but then holsters it and draws the taser with his left.

Assuming their business was finished once he handed the ticket over, and he only threatened someone’s life and broke their window because he copped the kind of verbal abuse that an unarmed retail worker would be fired for reacting to, I think everyone in this clip is an asshole.

5 Likes

Or native. The only time I’ve ever been carded (Canadian for stop-and-identify) was when I was walking with a friend who is Cree. Cops here are super racist against the native population.

26 Likes

I see Randy Quaid and his wife are back in Canada.

12 Likes

He allegedly hit the cop with his car when he swung out to pull away. I’ve rewatched the video and don’t see it personally, but that’s why the cop went aggro.

ETA: In this longer video, the lady with him basically says they hit him and tries to play it off as the cop ‘pushing himself’ against the vehicle. So yeah, he did hit him. https://youtu.be/OX5gin3wIPk?t=418

25 Likes

He got the ticket and sped off in an erratic manner without signaling. There’s cause to stop him again, and assume it will be an aggressive encounter.

Also when the cop tells you to open the door and you don’t make an effort, instead keep yammering into your phone, that is called non-compliance. Thus the broken window to gain control of the situation and conduct the apprehension.

11 Likes

That must have been a mistake. Precedent has clearly established that there is no possible way for a cop to be aware of what sort of life-ending weapon they are holding at any given moment.

/s

9 Likes

I can’t see it either, but if that’s what she claims, and that’s what the cop claims (11:11 on your video) then I guess it’s a little different.

4 Likes

Just a point of clarification - when one’s arm is out stretched and gun is 90 degrees, that is a “gangster” grip. When it is brought closer to the body the wrist rotates to keep the wrist straighter and inline with arm. This not only feels more natural, but with one handed shooting the wrist more inline with the arm controls recoil.

Try it yourself. Outstretch your arm and point at something. Now bring your arm in while still pointed at it. Keep your wrist vertical and then do it again with your wrist turned. Which is a more natural position for your wrist? Try not to feel old as you hear your wrist pop. :confused:

He’s trippin’ balls!

That made me LOL.

But I can’t really tell who is the real asshole with out seeing what happened before.

5 Likes

I’m cognitively dissonancing here… this kind of anger and unkindness happened in… Canada? Y’all are blowing your reputation here!

But I know this wasn’t the USA, because a cop pulled a gun on a white guy during a traffic stop.

9 Likes

Yea, her forward momentum was largely expended plowing her face on the pavement. I lol’d.

2 Likes

My favorite part is the dog’s reaction when he speeds off just screams “oh, this won’t end well.”

The whole video is even more nuts, the woman is talking about how everyone needs to pick their favorite Mad Max character because that’s what it’s coming to in “communist Canada.”

8 Likes

Welcome to Alberta (this was filmed in Grande Prairie). I live next door, we’re not much better unfortunately.

6 Likes

Canada has douchebags as well. Nobody is immune.

6 Likes