Watch this incredible video of a flying deer

Originally published at: Watch this incredible video of a flying deer | Boing Boing

9 Likes

INVISIBLE STAIRCASE

17 Likes

So, annoying music, vertical alignment, and a caption that blocks the view of the deer actually landing. At least the original Twitter post did it right.

17 Likes

I wish animals were smarter just so I could see the amusement parks they build.

5 Likes

So, I guess another super-animal to add to Supergirl’s menagerie…

6 Likes

Meh, I’ve seen them flying higher and further.

After being hit by a semi of course, but that still counts.

2 Likes

Not to mention the original normal-speed video, which would have been cool to see, is never shown. (Although actually I liked the music.)

3 Likes

Gravity is just a theory.

3 Likes

Yeah, way over-rated.

3 Likes

The coolest part of this video is the split second where the deer, in mid air, picks the pocket of the dude standing there and says FUCK YOOOUUUU HHUUMAAN! as it cruises down for a landing!

2 Likes

It is just as well that they used a practical stunt; CGI effects of this quality can be really dear.

5 Likes

Yeah, the weakest of the Physical Forces. Even a flea can beat it.

3 Likes

“Seems as if the deer is moving through the air” it says, as we observe the deer moving through the air. Profound.

4 Likes

right? omg, that makes me so angry, lol
i kept waiting for a normal speed version, and NOPE

2 Likes

Talking about flying, @pesco - here’s one I found really amazing.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00144-0

ETA: Damn, doesn’t onebox. Click above for the video in context, but it’s also really all in here, and you definitely want to see the video - not just read that page.

4 Likes

Supposedly, Richard Feynmann once held a lecture, discussing how gravity was by far the weakest of the fundamental forces. At that point a loudspeaker fell to the floor, and without blinking Feynmann added “Weak, but not insignificant”.

5 Likes

this was my favorite meme of the entire decade of the aughts, thank you for posting.

1 Like

was just thinking I wish I could see the normal speed. too lazy to rip the video and speed it up in after effects though. oh well.

1 Like

And it’s not even a reindeer. Just imagine how much farther that could fly!

4 Likes

Wonder where he got the idea?