Watch this perfect fusion of metal guitar riffs and Indian singers

Originally published at: Watch this perfect fusion of metal guitar riffs and Indian singers | Boing Boing

5 Likes

His whole channel is great. This is another good one. INDIA goes METAL - Jugni (Nooran Sisters x Andre Antunes) - YouTube

5 Likes

That mashup is amazing!

That was freaking incredible. I hope my my kids put this in the rotation instead of tulac tulac tun.

Wow - this is something I didn’t know I needed until I heard it. Amazing!

Hopefully that will displace the song I’ve had lodged in my head for a week (First Aid Kit’s “The Lion’s Roar”.)

This was great!

I could do without all these year-end wrap-ups, though. It was cute when they first started appearing a few years ago, but I’m sick of it. I have no interest in seeing can get out of analyzing my listening habits or my photos or whatever. Just let me turn that shit off.

Excuse me, I have some more clouds to yell at.

2 Likes

Made me want to see the Nooran Sisters’ original video. Impromptu and a cappella. Fantastic.

6 Likes

I don’t know from Top 40 but this morning someone at work was listening to some crap and it sounded like the melody from a hundred Bollywood songs. Like if the rap part was the male singer, and then the other male sung part was transposed up a couple octaves to be the woman, you’d have a classic Bollywood duet melody, except hip-hop-ish pop. I have no idea what the song was, and now it’s going to bug me forever.

1 Like

I listened to these Antunes mashups so much that the YouTube algorithm started suggesting other Nooran Sisters videos. They really don’t need a metal guitar accompanist. This is my favorite — the most punk rock performance I’ve seen in a while — Nooran Sister | LIVE | PEER BABA GULAB SHAH JI | fidaa channel | @PSF Recordz @PSF GUN GAWAN Bhakti - YouTube

4 Likes

Oh wow. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.