Watch: Trailer for 'Hunters,' new Jordan Peele series on Nazi hunters starring Al Pacino

It wasn’t only Germans, BTW.

5 Likes

Who the fuck is Dick?

1 Like

I thought that was him in the still. It seems as if I’ve been watching him forever. He always adds value to anything he appears in.

4 Likes

I find it weird how people can suspend critical thinking when it comes to cars that can turn into robots, time travel movies and other extreme events in movies but cannot move on from a faulty accent.

1 Like

While I definitely see what you’re saying, it comes across as jarring and a violation of the character. People are less willing to suspend their disbelief about the character than they are about the world building.

This is one of the things that I loved about The Death of Stalin. They had the actors speaking in their own accents, which (to me at least) came across more naturally than having them use a bad Russian accent or the British upper-class accent that ends up in so many historical or fantasy movies.

3 Likes

Hahaha. That’s a great scene.

“Don’t give me the finger, I’ll fucking have you killed!”

3 Likes

They’re the worst.

Good point but for me, the accents help me keep track of the characters. In a series like this one, over time there can be a dozen characters to remember and while you can’t forget Pacino, his accent is a reminder that he’s playing a character whose motivations go beyond simple law enforcement.
Without that, you might forget that as the show moves forward.

And maybe I’m just more easily fooled and less erudite.

Some of us are not that particular.

3 Likes

No one likes my idea, but I think it would be brilliant if instead of proper English accents in those things they all spoke like Cheech and Chong.

Not quite, but…

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.