Watch: Trailer for "Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey" about the dark world of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Originally published at: Watch: Trailer for "Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey" about the dark world of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints | Boing Boing

5 Likes

What bunch of sleaze balls. To quote the immortal Cheech & Chong, “Bailiff whack his pee-pee.”

10 Likes

There used to be a time when I could watch this sort of thing, be shocked at the scandalous behavior, but with that also feel there would be a chance for accountability. Now I know better.

10 Likes

“But they’re not really LDS!”
Signed,
A True Scotsman

13 Likes

As a mainstream LDS member, I have no problem with this pedophile cult being exposed. The more their actions are brought to light, the harder it is for them to remain hidden and continue to hurt innocent children.

10 Likes

Dammit…

I won’t be watching but I’m glad those kids have a better chance now.

Over 400 though. Damn.

17 Likes

Hey, that’s the name of a PIG song. Sorta.

I know this isn’t even in the top 100 creepiest things about that cult but are they intentionally dressing up those girls as Disney Princesses?

5 Likes

Another good one on right now is the drama Under the Banner of Heaven, about the Brenda Lafferty murder. Pretty gripping stuff.

1 Like

I trust they make their clothes, so having a pretty standard (if garish) palette of plain (read: less expensive) fabric probably makes some sense when it’s hand-me-down everything.

Also, at some level, if you’ve got 15+ kids in the house, Steve Jobs point about “decision fatigue” and your daily wardrobe starts to really stack up.

So, this guy was based underneath a pizza restaurant right? No?
How come every time there’s a panic about paedophiles, they go after the wrong people?

5 Likes

“Modest” versions of Disney princesses. Compare the sleeves and necklines.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.